1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My new dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by M RASCOE&SONS, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck. What's the final overall payload capacity with that dump bed? I always thought the 1 ton dumps ran out of payload quickly because of the weight of the dump bed, frame, and hydraulics. Again nice truck at a great price too!
  2. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Good looking truck, that 6.0 should serve you well.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

very nice looking truck. you will love it

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

im hoping to get it lettered this wk but im very busy with cleanups.it will get lettered the same as the pickup but im going blue and grey graphics.its just been sitting in the driveway while old red works its but off lol.
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I'm starting to get calls for pile pickups and as usual never got to getting a box on my dump trailer. Are you interested in referals for pile pickups?

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks darryl but im so busy with full cleanups i dont have time to do piles.
  7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ok great, I'll tell everyone who asks you do free pile pickup...the 867 number, right? :laugh:
  8. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

I got a 2010 last fall just like your 2011. It has been great plowing last winter and doing my work this summer. I think you'll love that truck.. I also went with gas because of the big difference between it and diesel.
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I guess those beds with tiny sides are good for a sander insert but besides that those trucks seem to hold too little to be of much use. For hauling a 6.7 Cummins and a tandem dually dump trailer is my workhorse setup of choice.

It's interesting how up north budget minded people in general tend to favor spark plugs and longevity minded contractors down south tend to favor oil burners that can haul twice as much.