My new Echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Feb 18, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Well really it is just an attachment I made for the split boom I already had. It is a Echo SRM2400SB. I only had a hedge trimmer attachment for it. I will probably get an edger for it but I thought hey I have these old junk trimmers layin around so I dug up a Homelite curved shaft and cut off the end of it and used it's cable to run it. Easy as pie. Now I have a backup trimmer if needed, or if I just feel like a curved shaft. I love the straight shaft but for postage stamp lawns where everything is close together, a curved shaft might be easier, it seems lightweight. But I hate the Homelite head on it it was always jamming in it's previous life. Well it will work for me and was free. Can ya complain? didn't think so. Only took 15 minutes or so to make. If anyone has a old Homelite trimmer laying around it is real easy. Email me so I can tell you a thing or two to think about before you go cuttin so hastily!

feb18#18.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Bad thing is it only uses .065 line.

feb18#19.jpg

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job! :)

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Thanks, thats the one I was tellin' ya about today.

5. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah Eric I got one of those Split booms too, bought the edger attachment along with the trimmer attachment, the edger works great. Looking into buying a pruiner for it maybe a hedge trimmer next??
    Nice job on the rework from the homelite.
    Matt

6. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Oh one more thing Eric, you can get a different head for that trimmer, the ones that you dont need to wrap up and spring it in there, get one of those heads that is the pull through trimmer line stuff, we use one of them on the other echo i have, right now i've been using the big thick stuff, but might switch to the smaller stuff for grass, down side is it costs $35 depending on model.
    Matt

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Matt the hedge trimmer works good you will like it. Thanks, it was easy :blush: I doubt I'll buy a better head, I probably will not be using this trimmer alot but it is nice to have anyway. I think there is a better looking head that looks like it would work better and maybe take thicker line, out on a weed eater brand trimmer. It might fit. .065 is kind of nice because you can't tear anything up with it. But it wears quickly. But now i have a reliable powerful commercial grade curved shaft when I want or need it. Hey it turns to the right!! cool...

This is what your s/b would look like with a hedge trimmer. It is the 18" long non pivoting one. Don't know the cost as new because it got it used.

jan31526.jpg

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

looks good, nice line of equip you got there. wish i had the skills u had.