1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My new employee

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Jan 6, 2007.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive had a quy help me before part time and it just didnt work out so I went back to being solo. This past summer I hired a security guard to protect the buissness office and shop. She has done an excellent job at security.
    She came to me and wants to apply for a job mowing, she says she can handle the Z and has it under control but Im not sure............what do yall think???

Einstein sitting in mower seat.jpg
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, you have to be a fool not to hire her. She's got the looks right there on the mower. She looks like me, perty. I wouldn't think twice. Give her full time with benifits.
  3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Just be careful and don't run her over... we've all seen the sad results of that.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure the customer does not have any CATS or pet bunnies.;) Your stripes might come out kinda funny. Cute emploee thou.
  5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Look at those eyes......how can you say no?
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

How many times are you going to let her get away with naping under a tree. She looks a little lazy. She also looks a little shady, I would keep an eye on you luch box too. One way to keep her out of you lunch box is to put peanut butter on the handle.
  7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

In this case I believe it " Will work for Food" but be sure to toss in a love pat or 20.
  8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think you made a great choice!!!!!:cool2:
  9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

If I was running a dog sled, then Yes.
  10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that where they get the term "dog days of summer". To each his own, I like to get a little dog on my mower sometimes, but more often try to get a little... meow!....