My new enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by shovelracer, Apr 6, 2008.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Heres my new enclosed trailer. It is an American Hauler Falcon landscape package. It is 20x8, has 12" OC floor beams, 16" OC walls, triple tube tongue, adjustable coupler, 3/4" floor and lower walls, 2 lights, 15' of adjustable track, 2 shelves, led lights, 2 roof vents, 2 gas vents, and I lined the floor. Side ramp is 4200 lb and 62" wide. The entire structure in coated before the walls are put on. Hope this one will last a long time. Once the floor dries Im putting in the fastraps, first aid kit, fire extinguiser, etc. Was purchased from performace trailers in flanders, NJ. They had the best package and came in 1000 lower than everyone else. However this is not a $3500 trailer.

trailer 002.jpg

trailer 001.jpg

trailer 004.jpg

trailer 005.jpg

trailer 006.jpg

2. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

whats on the floor ?? herculiner?? Thats what is in my enclosed trailer.. seems to be holding up pretty well. Looks good !

3. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what did that run you? im looking at a 7x14

4. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

5500 6000? somewhere in there?

5. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

"5500 6000? somewhere in there?"

I am guessing it goes fo t least 8k.That's a really nice trailer,good luck with it.The only thing I am not crazy about is all the rivots(for lack of what they actually are).

6. shovelracer

After tax, the racks, extras, etc it was 9400. The trailer stock was around 6500. The side ramp was around 600. The 10K axles were a few hundred, the extra height was free cause it was required for the side ramp, the racks and a bunch of extras like a spare tire, jack foot, etc were another 700. The floor is actually Plasticote from walmart. $85 for 2 coats. Ive used the duplicolor before and I wasnt impressed, the plasticote seems much better. It bonded real well to the wood. I wasnt going to pay hundreds to get it done but needed to do something. Looks like it will work good.

7. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Shovelracer,do you know what a 16x8 trailer like yours would cost. I will be in the market for one after this season and I am not far from where you bought yours.

8. shovelracer

The landscape package came spec with the 5' triple tube tongue, under coating, 12" OC floor, pretty much everything except the racks, side ramp, etc. The base price was around 6500 to add 1 foot was 200 so to take away 4 feet would put it around 6K probably. Ive bought a few trailers from these guys and they are by far the best. Ive bought elsewhere also, but these guys have the best overall experience.

http://www.traileroutlet.com

Neil was my salesman.

Definitely worth a visit, but they like selling quality trailers, they arent real motivated about bringing in the cheaper enclosed. They had a huge 56' gooseneck enclosed that just got delivered. It was 70K.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats one Nice Trailer MAn!!!...Congrats!

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

that side ramp needs a kick down hinge plate so you dont run on the door its self