1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my new equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I like my echo blower. I always used to think of echo as being cheap equipment for some reason, then I looked into them better when I returned my br550 and learned they're actually a good product. I have the 651 blower.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

because with the stihl fs-85r weed-eater you can put on the hedge trimmer attachment and now you got a pole-trimmer BUT I must admit as an owner of BOTH Echo and Stihl, they're about equal with one exception: The handlebar on the stihl weedtrimmer SUX, it's hard and transfer every bit of vibration from the head to the hand, I ordered a D-bar from Echo and am putting it on my stihl weed-eater.
    Fact that you got all echo's is cool but I would've kept the stihl's, I run both and always have backup equipment that way when one breaks, I got another, don't really matter which brand to me.
    Which one is better? I couldn't tell you, I don't care.
  4. Frontier-Lawn

i spent $967.76 sat on them so they should work fine for a while. i also keep my old toro trimer/edger on the trailer for back-up.
  5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

cause my stihls last 6 years and my echos have only lasted 1 year and every employee i have ever had all agree that the stihls are better than the echos. only stihl complaint ever was from a small woman who said it was too heavy to carry all day. she said she liked the stihl power more than echo. got her a husqvarna. more power than echo... weigh less than stihl. had an employee hurt arm trying to start echo blower. stihls almost always start in one pull. use those echos for a year and see if they are still just as wonderful.
  6. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I have many echo proucts and they have all been put through hell and back and will ALL start by the third pull,it is just a matter of prefrence just like everything else on this board.that is a great edger by the way!!!!!!!!
  7. palm boy

palm boy LawnSite Member

Very true! It is a matter of preferance and much has to do with how these pieces are taking care/maintained. Me personally, I have had great results with Echo products. I also owned a couple of shindaiwa trimmers about 15 yrs ago and they did me well and lasted a long time. It is like a ford/chevy thing to me.

1500 hedge clipper (new)
    1600 " " 15 yrs, mega hours- runs strong
    auger driller w/ 10" bit
    pole saw
  8. Frontier-Lawn

i also added a star blade to it and boy does it slice
  9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice new equipment but I suppose it depends on personal preference. I love the low end torque of the stihls but I havent really tried the "other" brand yet.
  10. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Bad Choice. Stihl all the way. Everything orange. :)