My NEW eXmark Lazer Z X-Series with RED technology

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TLS, May 11, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

What other hydro systems have you tried? Hustler has a looong history of hydro problems. Only time will tell on the new hyper drive...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Reps are saying they have clocked several machines (probably in FL) with well over 5000 hrs. on them and zero hydro problems on the Hyper Drive. That and with how the specs look on paper and lets not forget the best warranty in the industry keeps any worries down to nonexistent. So IMO hydros are a positive all the way around and not a negative.

3. GMLC

Now this is useful info. Thanks MT. Good news for Hustler! Now they need to fix the VX4.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mtmower

Amen brother. It seems to come down to geographic market share as to what is built. Then it seems to brake down as to production speed, where it cuts at super fast speeds but doesn't process, or slow her down and process. If we could just get a happy medium. Maybe it's there in the Lazer and the Scagg. I haven't put enough time on them personally to know yet. This is why I hound everyone on here I can for info.:dancing:

5. GMLC

You seem to have some very unique cutting conditions up there. Im curious which deck will come out on top? My feeling is the velocity may give you that carpeting of clippings like you get now. My gut tells me the ultra cut is going to give you that lift with smaller clippings. I just dont know how much wet cutting you do? Its unavoidable here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mtmower

This is my question as well. Looking at the decks I don't see huge differences. I'm still trying to verify which of the velocity decks if any come with the turbo baffle pictured and how much if any difference this makes in the clipping size and dispersal. The 48" didn't have one even though their web site pic of the underside of the deck shows one in place. Maybe it's just on the larger decks?

I'm thinking a velocity with MOD option which changes it to a 6series on the fly.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Basically every mower worth owning you can name including Gravely, and it was a new Pro-Ride 260. I will get a 400 series to operate in the new future, and I can guarantee it will be a great mower, but I can also guarantee it will not operate hydraulically as well as my HD, nor will it ride as well, but if it does you will know, I will tell you exactly the way it is.

Comparing the Gravely 472 to my 72" Super Z you cannot expect the Gravely to ride nearly as good with it being 5" shorter and 167 lbs. lighter, it can't happen, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the real difference feels like.

8. GMLC

I was just trying to understand how you came to your conclusion and state it as fact. I didnt realize you have used every mower worth owning or put on enough hours to gauge reliability.

The 5400's are the smoothest and most responsive hydros I have ever used. But I have never tried the hyper drive. Based on numbers it would seem the super z would ride better. I can guarantee its not as comfortable as a 400 series with air seat and isolated platforms.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mtmower

The new HD is the best riding mower I've used. Even pre flex forks. The Cheetah I demoed for a short time was nice but still not as nice as the HD. But the Cheetah I demoed was not full size it was the 52" which is a smaller chasis and weighs less so it was not a fare comparison. I hope to demo a 61" Cheetah yet. That's all I'm gonna say.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

OK...Today was oil change day. 69 hours. First change was at 4.2hrs, now at 69hrs. Both times Castrol HD30 dino oil. Will likely switch to Amsoil SAE 30/10w-30 small engine after this as I really like this oil and my old Kohler really liked it.

It's a real breeze to change oil on this thing. Everything is easy. Virtually no spillage!

019 (590x800).jpg