My NEW eXmark Lazer Z X-Series with RED technology

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TLS, May 11, 2013.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Not as big of a difference as I thought it would be. This eXmark sh!ts and gits! The acceleration is like night and day. Weight, I'm sure is a factor, as is the increased power.

This Series 6 deck could never cut at speed like the XR-7, but the XR-7 could never pool table a nice lawn at 4" (even double cutting!). I'll take the perfect cut over the top speed any day of the week.

With the 15/16" center hole (not the normal 5/8") it really limits what's out there. I'll have to shoot Oregon an email about this as a 1/4" thick blade with Fusion would sell like hot cakes IMO.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

No to the striping roller. I was kicking it around, but figured I'd see how I liked it without.

It lays some nice ones, and so far no berm scalping (what I liked about it on the SuperZ)

3. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah. I know what you mean. It makes me almost lazy knowing I have big (heavy) rear anti scalp on it. I need to be really careful when using a mower without one due to being use to it for so long. I'd probably add it if I buy one.

Still happy with the cut? Any clumping? I get spits out of my XR7 unless bone dry and thin so wondering how it compares.

4. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2011 X Series w/ a kawi 24 hp. How the hell does anyone get the oil drain plug off?! I need to change it at the first interval.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Not familiar with the Kawi, but does it have a drain hose like in the picture in post 160? If so...2 wrenches worked fine for me?

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have an FX850. The oil drain is on the right side of the machine below the oil filter, that is, as long as your engine isn't mounted sideways like the Exmarks or Super Z's. There is a little black plastic spout that sticks out from the side of the engine. Some have a drain hose attached, but others like mine don't. It drains through the bottom of the engine pan. There is a small nut on the end that you loosen CC far enough to allow the oil to drain. Then tighten it back up after the oil is all drained out. Don't over tighten it though. Just good and snug. Loosen the dipstick first. It helps with getting a more thorough drain.

Here is a pic of mine. You can see it at the very bottom below the red ended wire. You can also see the nut I'm talking about.-

100_1493.jpg

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here are some quick iPhone pics of one of my better properties. And by properties, I mean house, landscape, amenities. Turf quality wise, I have a lot better. This house is 10K sq/ft, sits on 5 acres, 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, quite a place.

030 (600x800).jpg

032 (484x800).jpg

034 (732x800).jpg

035 (600x800).jpg

037 (560x800).jpg

038 (600x800).jpg

039 (800x717).jpg

040 (598x800).jpg

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is a beautiful home and property, and one I feel assured must be detailed extremely well. How much mowable grass on this property?

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks great!! Nice work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

When I fertilize it, I put down 160k...so just under 4 acres. Rest is woods, driveway, house, pool, and pool house!
    Posted via Mobile Device