My NEW eXmark Lazer Z X-Series with RED technology

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TLS, May 11, 2013.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta get me one of these.

2. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I would never think about taking the front plate out of mine.. That is the only weakness compared to my older Laser HP is that the front end is WAY to light.. I have hills on customers properties that I used to run up them at full stick, no problem. If I try that on my newer mower it lifts the front wheels up as if your going to flip it over... I do have a 48" compared to your 60" and don't know if there is any difference as far as the weight distribution but it's definitely staying on mine...

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Am thinking one could easily add a few pounds to the front end in an inconspicuous location solving your problem.

4. weaver

What do you think? Double plate it on the front... i guess just get longer bolts/nuts & mount it under the front? I really just got used to it and just slowed down on those areas.. they also offer the bagger weight kit

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

If you have the pneumatic fronts on it you could swap them for the run flats. They weigh a LOT more than the pneumatics do. In fact, in one of my Deere manuals, they even make mention that if you add a rear bagger, the number of front weights (42 lbs each) needed to offset the bagger when full is less if you have the run flats.

6. weaver

It came from the factory with flat free tires...

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Drill a hole in them, fill them with sand, then plug the hole :laugh:

8. weaver

To funny....

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Could you imagine what you'd think if you saw someone doing that, or worse- what someone else would think if you told them you did that?:laugh::laugh:

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Call the factory. Maybe they didn't install all the required weights. There is a chart specifying required weights in my manual.