My NEW eXmark Lazer Z X-Series with RED technology

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TLS, May 11, 2013.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

That's weird, cause now i'm looking through my manuals and on the break down for the machine it doesn't even show the front weight plate... But there is one on my mower... I'll keep looking though.. Also just saw that the 48" & 52" frames are the same part number, wonder if that means I could slide a 52" under my mower?

2. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

3. PROCUTS LAWNCARE

PROCUTS LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

No bagger, but love the power! It will mow anything I throw at it! Best Mower I have ever run. Buying a 60 and 72 this month to add to the fleet!

M

4. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Good to hear. I tested the 29 Kohler efi and felt it was a little underpowered. I've been leaning toward the 29 kawi. Thanks for your input!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering purchasing one of the 60" red tech exmarks.

Curious what the general consensus is on them now they have been out for a while?
    reliability of engine and electronics?
    power?
    fuel economy?

I currently run a 3 year old 60" xseries with 29hp efi kohler.

6. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Toro with 34 EFI. It has plenty of power and good gph. You will like the seat as it rides well. I like the heavier deck of the Toro better than the Exmark though. There are a couple of reviews on it. Check mine and TLS.

7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 230 hours on my RED Tech 60". I've had a few issues with it. One a bad computer module and 2 other issues that were caused by carelessness assembling the unit at the factory. But it is still the best Lazer I've ever owned and am going to order another one and use this as a backup. The fuel savings are great and the power is terrific. I like the rocker switch for three different power settings. I have only used high a couple times to cut 12 inch grass.

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Other than some actuators that bind up from time to time iv had a good experience. That limp mode crap will drive you out of your mind. But once I was shown how to move the rpms up and down on the module with my finger tips right over the muffler that solved my issues. If it gets stuck in limp mode now I have it fixed in a few moments. The power greats I now have 395 hours on my 72 and about 350 hours on the 60.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ultra Cut deck will manicure a dry lawn like no other.

Any moisture though and you fill the deck with goo and start throwing wads...

Important things to consider.

10. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry in this you are incorrect on manicuring every lawn like no other. I'm not bashing the machine by any means. They're head of everyone when it comes to the engine setup. Great proven machine. But I demoed this very machine in both PA and MT where I live and I had problems with stingers in both areas. Unless I went ridiculously slow like walking. Both were brand spanking new red X machines. So grass type is a plays a big part in weather they'll work well. They do disperse dry clippings better than anything I've ever used.

They also have a little to be desired when it comes to ride even though the newer seat is a big step in the right direction.

If it hadn't been for these two things I'd have two brand new ones on my trailer as we speak.