1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My New FasTrak Fits !!! & Handles My Slopes... No Prob

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Re-Ignition, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Re-Ignition

Re-Ignition LawnSite Member

The Dealer dropped off my new (18/44 Honda) FasTrak today and after driving around the yard / neighborhood for a while I'd have to say I'm very happy with the purchase.

In my first post I mentioned that I'm 6'2" (220 lbs) and my right knee is limited to a 30 degree bend. When I first sat on the FasTrak my right leg shot right over the foot rest. The dealer removed the seat on the floor model and moved it back about .5" away from the motor... I was just able to get the bad leg on the foot rest.

BUT when I ordered mine I added the seat spring kit... which raises the seat about 1.5" - 2.0". So with the newly drilled holes further back (Which someone on this site recommended - Thanks) and the spring kit, my feet didn't even touch the foot rest with my leg straight out.:cool2: Way more than enough room... even with my 7 year old sitting on my lap.

I also got the Extension kit for the control arms. Hour Meter. And the Light Kit (They're like 2 mini flood lights and work very well) The driving position and controls are perfect.

I demo'd a 20/52 FasTrak at the dealership so I wasn't sure how the 44" would handle the 14 +/- Deg. slope in my back yard... No problem left to right... no problem up and down, not a hint of wheelie... even did a few circles with no wheel lift or anything quirky. I'm actually glad the FasTrak is wide and low, I never got the sensation I was going to roll.

The 18HP Honda engine is strong and quiet... idles my big butt right up that hill.:weightlifter:

Oh... another Lawnsite member (Thanks) mentioned raising and lowering the deck by hand since I can't use my right leg which wasn't bad at all.

No grass to cut yet... just a few of last years leaves for which I'm going to get a Hustler Bac-Vac shortly for spring clean up.

Thanks all for the help.
  2. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

Glad to hear ya got a ztr. You should be real pleased with Hustler. I know some local guys her that run them that rave on how great they are.

My little mower is a 44" as well, and that size suites me real well. Plus it fits in a little shed out back easy.

As far as raising the deck, I really leave mine at the same place at all times, hehe. It's just my yard and my churches yard I mow, which both are tall fescue so no reason to vary from one to the other.