My New Ferris Z

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by DUG, Feb 18, 2006.

1. DUG

DUG LawnSite Member

I Just Want To Thank Everyone With The Help In My Decision Of A New Zero Turn Mower.although This Being My First Post Here,the Search Option Has Answered Many Of My Questions.mowing 3 Acres With Limited Time In The Summer,due To My Job(asphalt Paving)a Zero Turn Was My Only Option.speed,reliabilty,function,service And Pricing Were The Key Ingredients.the Ferris Is A Is1500z. 25 H.p. Kawasaki And A 52" Deck.i Opted For The Headlights For Dusk,and Hitch For Utility Cart.really Looking Forward To Cutting The The Lawn Now.heres A Few Pics.thanks Again Everyone,this Site Rocks!

FERRIS IS 1500 004.jpg

FERRIS IS 1500 007.jpg

FERRIS IS 1500 013.jpg

FERRIS IS 1500 009.jpg

FERRIS IS 1500 001.jpg

2. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

Looks GOOD :clapping:

3. DUG

DUG LawnSite Member

Thanks echo.I also added some chrome to the rear wheels and a 12 volt plug for phone charger.Any other accessories i could add,and what have you added to your zero turn.Heres a couple pics.

FERRIS IS 1500 006.jpg

FERRIS IS 1500 015.jpg

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Nice new mower, and thats one hell of a garage youve got there. Looks good!

5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

DUG, Sweet machine. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost ya?

Thanks & good luck with your new "toy" lol

Rob

6. DUG

DUG LawnSite Member

hey rob and thanks,with the lights and hitch,it came to $6200 with out tax.

7. DUG

DUG LawnSite Member

I almost forgot,they also threw in a t231 shindaiwa line trimmer to sweet'in the deal.I all already have two homelite trimmers but this one goes nice with the new mower.I feel like a real professional now. lol!

8. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

How did you do the 12 vold phone charger?? Im really interested in that..did ferris offer that or did you do it your self...if you dont mind if you told me how you did it i would LOVE to know how to it

9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Dug, Nice looking machine. Good luck with it.:)

10. DUG

DUG LawnSite Member

Hey toro,i bought the 12 volt set-up at auto zone for $12 i think.It comes with 20' of positive(red) wire and 5' ground(black) wire.I drilled a 1 and 1/8" hole in the panel with a metal hole saw.Set the plug in the hole and there is a oversized nut that screws on from the back side of panel on to the plug for a tight fit.ran red to the positive battery post and grounded the black to any grounded metal,or just run it the ground side of the battery.Thanks for the compliments everyone! I hope i can be of help in some way in future,you guys are the best.later