My new flyer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Go-Green Lawn Care, May 31, 2008.

1. Go-Green Lawn Care

Go-Green Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I didn't get the response I wanted from my last flyer, so I designed this one to pass out next week. What do you guys think?

Go Green Flyer.jpg
  2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have the same picture on some door hangers. This is hard to read, you bigger words and less of them. You have to make a point quick, no one is going to stop and read all of that, and besides that it is hard to read the colors you chose. The red is impossible to see. I will try and post mine. Give me a sec.
  3. Go-Green Lawn Care

Go-Green Lawn Care LawnSite Member

How about this? Granted the text is much easier to read on the actual flyer.

Go Green Flyer.jpg
  4. DeepGreenLawn

It is still really hard to read, you may wan to change the red all together and still use less wording. Basically mine says,

Have the Deep Green Lawn you deserve. Phone number on the bottom. It is a door hanger so I have stuff on both sides, so there is more on the back.

For yours though, I would use a straighter font, not so funky, and make it all big and bold. Keep it simple.

Go-green Lawn care and landscaping.
    Organic(-based) lawncare.
    For Information Call:

The other stuff works, more to the point. Just remember to keep it simple and easy to read. You want to grab their attention at the first glance. Other than that they will just toss it in the trash. I have to change mine, I have WAY too much on the back, the front is good, but the back is just too much. I also have a space for a price but I am going to take that off and put a "coupon" in it's place so I can just give to my guys and have them hand them out without having to teach them how to price. Right now I am just covering the spot with labels with a special on it.

Have your number really big at the bottom. People are going to call and ask "I want to know more about your service" whether they read the thing or not, so don't worry about listing EVERY thing you do, just the stuff that will interest them most. I doubt most people know what a compost tea or top dress is to begin with. I leave that out and teach them as we go.

I can't get mine posted yet, wrong format or something, but I will keep trying. Sorry if I got to criticized.
  5. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

I agree, this is hard to read. Remember people do not read. they SCAN. Keep it simple.

I have worked in design for the advertising and broadcast television industry for many years, this is to top heavy and it has no balance. I don't know what program you are using but you may want to put a 20% to 40% screen behind the text to help it pop. Stay away from fancy type. Type is a tool, not a piece of art.

Attached Files:

6. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

One more thing. You need a better tag line. How many people do you know have had their lawn burned by fertilizer. Look for trigger words: Free, quality, lasting results, Organic, Special Offer, etc...

Close you eyes and visualize your ad on someone's kitchen counter or refrigerator. What makes it POP! What will they remember.
  7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

The red is getting totaly lost. Keep in mind I have 45 yr old eyes, as do a lot of your customers ( Im assuming )
  8. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Put a white outline around the red it will be easier to see then
  9. DeepGreenLawn

Unless your colors have red in it I would just drop them completely and use a yellow, it stands out more. The green stands out fine. The red just doesn't work with the green in the background.
  10. johnnie5

johnnie5 LawnSite Member

red is hard to read and if you are colour blind it will be impossible

go for all white text