1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My New Flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Darryl G, Feb 14, 2003.

1. jslawncare

jslawncare LawnSite Member

Yeah, find a local school or organization that you can burn their laser toners out on theirs...thats what im doing...btw your flyer looks good!

2. Nick

Nick Banned

looks like you are selling a house.

3. danp

danp LawnSite Member

I agree that the pic looks great,..But you might be better served spending the $ you would use on printing, and having a nice pro logo done, and use that with your existing text..just my .02

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Well, some good news. Looks like I've already got one customer in the subdivision I was going to target with my flyers. He's my son's T-ball coach and is looking for someone new. His current guy is dependable but does a so-so job.

Anyway, your points are all well taken. Ideally I'd have a photo of my trucks and equipment, but no gots.

Here's a revised one with 3 photos instead of one. They may be hard to make out due to file size limits on this site. The first is my truck, trailer and mower on the same property as the previous one. Second is my tractor with loader and brush mower next to a brush pile, and the third is a leaf clean-up.

Tell me what you think. Is this an improvement?

scan0001.jpg

5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I liked the first one, but I love the second.. It looks great, very professional, very easy to read,, You have a winner there.

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

darryl,

I looked @ your website and was wondering if that's the real site you use for your customers?

7. Darryl G

Roscolli - Thanks for the input.

Lawncare3 - Why do you ask? Is there something wrong with my website?

Actually, I was just goofing around. About the only serious part is the photos of me mulching leaves.

8. Darryl G

Just to clarify...the flyer is 100% serious, my website is a spoof.

9. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

My thought is to replace the fall clean up pic with a nicely stripped lawn maybe?? Cause it is spring right now, and maybe by fall you might want to put a flier out with fall clean up along with getting new customers for next year mowing and such. Just a suggestion, i remember that picture by the way back a few months ago you posted leaf clean ups, man alive that was a yard full of leaves that you guys did a great job on after it was all cleaned up.
    Good luck with the fliers and let us know how it all turns out, im looking into doing fliers too.
    Matt

10. Darryl G

mklawnman - Thanks for the ideas. I need to work on my photo collection. Couldn't find a nice striped lawn in my pics.

There will be a large demand for leaf clean-ups this spring around here...many never got done in the fall due to snow/cold/wet weather. To be honest, I really don't like mowing that much and am trying to get more work that places me on the seat of my JD tractor. I'll be buying a dump trailer and york rake soon to compliment my capabilities.

I think I'll break the photos up instead of having them all together, and maybe I can find one with some green grass.

Thanks again and good luck on your flyers.