My new Gehl

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 23, 2007.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

My new 2007 Gehl 5640 E with 82hp turbo motor cab heat 2 speed pilot controls I got forks and sweeper hopper along with the 74" dirt bucket.
    Already got to use it and it works awesome will lift around 3000lbs, this machine will be very busy this year

DSC01657.jpg

DSC01658.JPG

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Nice looking machine ! With the tall lift towers at the rear ,kind of reminds you of a fighter jet and check out the cockpit.

Should make the dirt fly.Have fun and good luck.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 20 hours on a 5640 as of this week. I've been working at my parent's new house doing some landscaping and the builder that built the house rented us his 5640 for basically nothing. Parent's new house is 160 miles from where my parents live and about 50 miles from my college location, so on my days off I've been working for my old man. He brought over our mini ex, but not our skid steer. Big mistake, long story short we ended up renting the 5640. I really liked the machine, my dad didn't like it, but I did. Their machine had the hand controls where you twist to control steering and bucket controls, not too different from pilots but I can imagine that machine with pilots would be so much more accurate. After about 5-6 hours I was getting pretty good with the Gehl hand controls, but I'm still not as smooth or accurate as I am with pilots. Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but you'll love the machine, I'd buy one in a minute. They're incredibly beefy, we were lifting 2700 pound pallets of pavers no sweat, love the lift capacity and that super burly 82 horses.

4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

You were lifting 2,700 pound pallets? With forks? (insert bug-eyed smiley face)

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I was told the pallets weighed, they were pretty heavy.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

sweet machine those gehls look nice

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Tiger, just went to Gehl's website and apparently the machine I was running had the additional counterweight. I wasn't sure looking at the machine if the weight was standard or not, but I've found out it is. The pallets we were lifting were easily 2500 pounds and we could get them 2 feet off the ground, maybe could have gone higher but I didn't try.

8. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

The 5640 the counter weight is optional but all the dealers I have talked to include them. This machine will lift over 3,000lbs without breaking a sweat. Will lift sod pallets, and stone pallets, tetsted it out when I demoed it and is one of the reasons I chose it.

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a sharp looking machine. When I went to the Farm Show in KY I looked at all the brands of skids/CTL's out there and in my opinion Gehl made one of the toughest looking machines there. I would own one.

10. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

Thanks, Gehl defintely makes their machines to work. Very beefy and I look forward to many years of putting it through it's paces. They even said this is not a machine you baby, no break it period.