My New Gig

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cedarcroft, Jan 27, 2007.

1. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I have been having major cash flow issues due to a Perfect Storm of stupidity and so I have had to take drastic measures. I am selling the lawns that I still have and have taken a job as a Project Manager with a large high end landscaping/hardscaping company in my area. I am very excited about the prospects and about learning ALOT more about high end residential work. check out our website and go to the portfoliso to see some seriously nioce work.

http://www.deckandpatio.com/

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

good luck with the new endevor

3. cedarcroft

thanks. I still intend to do my own small side jobs and my wife will keep our company running to some degree, but I had to make this move to get myself straightened out. The work thet this company does is award winning and Techo Block even used their work in the new catalog. I am very excited about the prospects of expanding my brain cells. you gotta check out the website.

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck. Very nice work on their website. Looks like we all have alot to learn.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

That's the kind of work I want to be doing within the next 5 years. My area can suport that kind of work. Maybe not quit on the scale that you do but my area is attracting new business' and the big wigs that come with them.
    Hoping to have 2 mow crews and full time landscape construction crew. I like doing the wood working, Decks and such.
    Nice work. Good luck. Hope the storm passes soon and the money trees start to bloom

6. cedarcroft

yeah let me know about those money trees!!!
    Regarding the decks, he started the business in the 80's when decks were very popular hence the name of the company. He says that now decks are a VERY SMALL portion of the business. at this point they are primarily used as access to other areas from the house. they still build a decent amount of decks, but definitly more paver and bluestone work.

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I see your point. Decks work good it the floor plan of the house is up a couple of feet above grade. The decks look nice when they come off the house level with the house's floor and then step down to a hardscape.
    I dont know why but building 4 or more steps up off a patio doesn't work for me. Some times you have to do it though. I like being able to get to the grill without going up and down stairs.

8. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

That website gives me chills!!

Awsome stuff.

Good luck!!

9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Cedar,
    I just sent you a PM.
    Mark