1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My new golf cart

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MowingInAZ, Jul 25, 2005.

1. MowingInAZ

MowingInAZ LawnSite Member

Just bought a golf cart. I always wanted something personalized and good looking. Brand new Hummer H2 Golf Cart!! I'm so excited, I can't wait to play a game, tee time is booked for 9 a.m. on Saturday Also bought a John Deere L120, I also have a Craftsman GT5000, but I some how got talked into buying it. Now I have 2 mowers for about 1/3 acre!! It's sounds crazy, but I'm thinking I will sell the Craftsman, its turning radius was to large and I was having trouble manvering it around the yard. It's still under warranty and I will be able to return it for the full purchase price. It did work very well though, but just to much mower for me.

Another Hummer H2 Golf Cart.jpg
  2. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

That rocks man! Very nice golf ride! What did that set ya back?
  3. MowingInAZ

Set be back around $15K with tax, and they threw in the canopy. It was my birthday present to myself, well early birthday present (August 10). When I saw someone else on the course a few days ago with a similar golf cart, I had to ask about it. I love to golf and always try to play a game every week or so. It's a splurge for 15K, but you only live once. I also live in a gated community so I can use it to drive to the tennis courts, pool, clubhouse, or the mini mall. I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of it, so for my money, it's worth it.
  4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it gas or electric???
  5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

It was worth 15 k? :dizzy:

Looks nice none the less.
  6. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

or is it the alpha diesel?

show me the duramax :p

7. MowingInAZ

It's gasoline powered. It's just a big toy for me. I think it is worth the 15K since I golf every weekend and some of the biggest real estate sales of my life have been on a golf course over a good brew! But you only live once, and I wanted to add a new toy to my toy box (garage). And besides "It's only money!!!"
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

some course charge 10-15 bucks more to rent a golf cart so if you have your own your "saving" money. But I never liked limiting myself to just one course.....My folks had a cart that had a small aluminum bed on it and it ruotinly held a 15 gallon 12volt herbicide sprayer for spraying curblines and junction boxes...
  9. MowingInAZ

Most of the public courses around here have a rental fee of $20. The private ones don't charge a fee, but you have to either be invited to play there or you have to belong own a residence in their community. In the Valley there are over 180 public and private courses, so I always try a different one every week!!
  10. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

It doesnt matter that thing is sweet. Is there any type of website??