1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My new Grandstand

Discussion in 'Toro' started by lilweeds, Mar 29, 2009.

1. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

I'm becoming very disappointed quickly. I have 2 emails into the Toro guys and have not heard back two weeks later. I have one that is cutting like crap, and one that won't achieve any kind of real speed. Not giving up, and still feel it's a great mower, but really need to get these issues resolved and the dealer hasn't been much help.

2. Bigkaluna

Bigkaluna LawnSite Member

Cutting problem? When I had a bad cut with the mower I would check to make sure deck is clear of clumps of grass. Also sometimes my blades would be dull.

In another instance all those items would be fine, then I would try crosscutting the yard and find that some lawns are very uneven.

The only other problem I had was the bolts that lower the deck would loosen and make the deck uneven when it cut. It just happened last week and I put locking nuts on the screw. Don't know why they would not do that in the first place. oh well Good Luck:cool2: