1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My new GrassHopper mid mount

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doublesharp, May 11, 2010.

1. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a brand new 226v 52" cut 26 hp Brigs. New series for GH. Entry level commercial. Same pumps and deck, plastic 12 gal gas tank, cheaper seat but the guts are the same. Only has 2 grease fittings, one on each front wheel. That doesn't seem right after using A Dixie Chopper for the last 10 years but the factory rep said everything was sealed and maintenance free. I'm easy on my equipment but we'll see. $6527 out the door, tax etc. I love the easy height adjustment and the cut quality is just right. I prefer the Dixie Velvet Touch steering but the GH rides much better and is stickier on a slope.

[​IMG]

after the ROPS came off
    [​IMG]

Old Dixie in the background
    [​IMG]

2. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a nice machine. Heard they do ride good.

3. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Hey looks nice. I have 2 grasshoppers and love them.

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

So new, they don't have that model on their web site yet !

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nice mower! I see a lot of Grasshoppers around me.

You can't really compare that old Dixie Estate mower to the Grasshopper. They're in 2 different classes.

6. wunderbrad

wunderbrad LawnSite Member

Just an FYI. It should have a total of 5 grease fittings. One on each front wheel, and one on each of the spindles on top of the deck. If it doesn't, I'm going to be very angry with Grasshopper. I'm a Grasshopper dealer here in Central Texas, just got my first shipment of the 226Vs today, 2 with a 52", 2 with a 61". I don't have them out of the crate yet but I'm excited about the new models.

7. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

im gonna have to give grasshopper a try again i demod a 100 series a few years back didnt like it very much it was so small pretty much uncomfortable for me but id like it to have the folding rops btw that dixie still looks great

8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a 223 for yrs, and the thing is a tank....I forgot how nice mine used to look. I didn't know they even put a Briggs on them. Mine was 7400.00 5 yrs ago.

9. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

looks like they went away with the springs on the deck lift, and are those front caster arm bolted on? looks like a decent entry level commercial mower. The rep. told me these were going to be coming out but i thought they were going to have kohler courage's on them. good luck with your machine, i love my two grasshoppers

10. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

does that floor pan flip up also ,it doesn't look like it does