My new Hustler equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rider1000, Mar 22, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

Picked up my new 60" Hustler Z and Huslter 48" w/b. Must admit, they are everything I had expected. The Z is built like a tank. I compared many brands before deciding on this one, and I know I made the right choice. I know many are interested in this model, and after I've ran it a while, I'll follow up with another post on how it is performing if anyone is interested.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on the new equipment. :)
    It is always nice to have a new mower and you got 2 so that is twice as nice. :)

Enjoy it and I hope is serves you well.
    Good luck in the up coming season.
  3. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Well, I signed the papers on my new Z yesterday. I haven't time to run it right now, so I left it over at the dealer so they can do the delivery inspection. Scott (my local dealer) and I have beccome pretty good friends. I stopped by there on my way home this after noon and took her for a spin AGAIN. She cuts pretty good and like I figured, she moves on faster they I cared to travel. I think Scott likes me stopping by, because every time I stop I cut a little more grass for him. When you engage the blades it sounds like an airplane prop spinning underneath. I think when a few of these machines get around and people really see how tuff they seem to be built and the job that I have seen mine (now) do and how they compare pricewise to the other choices I have looked at, they WILL be more of these machines used!
  4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations, looks like everybody's getting geared up for a good year.
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

How much did you guys pay for your Hustlers ?
  6. rider1000

Paid $7200 for the Z, and $5100 for the 48" w/b. I felt that the Z is one of the best bargains out there when you really start comparing.
  7. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

what size engine did you get? do they have diesels? I got a big HUSTLER poster in my office, I get big laugh when people see its a mower.
  8. Guest

We have been running Hustlers for over 6 years and swear by them, We have two rangewings 12' cuts and 2 3400's with 6'decks and high dumps, best equipment,dealer, and product support we have ever had. Just my two cents
  9. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

$7000, 23hp Kawi. I figuer I have done about $200 work for him test driving it.
  10. rider1000

23 hp. kawi on the Z, 17 hp kawi on the w/b.