my new invention and some other pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by rickinmi, Oct 1, 2008.

1. rickinmi

rickinmi LawnSite Member

The boom saw in the pic is something that i designed and built. I am not sure if anyone produces a saw simialar or not but I built my own instead. It works great!

HPIM0117.jpg

0538a[1] (2).jpg

HPIM0053a.jpg

HPIM0116.jpg

2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

That looks sweet!! If it works good I would get a patent on it. Best of luck!!

3. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks effective. One question I have is how do you transport it? And how are you transferring power to the saw blade? Hydraulic lines run all the way down?

4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen something similar to that. I think the power company, or a subcontracted tree care company, had one of those mounted on a something like a Timber Jack. Might have been overkill, but it looked cool anyway.

5. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

seen one on a off road only f700 made to cut around power lines. to make your own you did very good.

6. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Does it rotate?

Patent it and market it!

7. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's what I was talking about

SkyTrim.jpg

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

looks Good!!

Do you get any Kick back at all?

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That thing is pretty neat, Sweet skidsteer too!

10. rickinmi

rickinmi LawnSite Member

Thanks to all that have looked. I do have hydraulic lines running the lenght of the boom to power the saw, I also have a electric controlled diverter valve to operate a hydraulic cylinder that gives it 15 degrees of tilt in each direction to compensate for working on side-hills. The saw operates on low flow hydraulics and spins at about 2200 rpm. It is a 26" carbide tipped sawblade that I purchased from ebay for about $30. I have thought about a patent but not sure what all is involved in all of that. As for transporting it, I can set it on the trailer next to the machine and still be just under legal width.