1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my new invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobbygedd, Dec 3, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

customer commented that she thought my new invoices were rude. give me your opinions. i just had 2,000 invoices printed up, at the bottom of the page, next to the total due, it says, in bold red letters, " PAYMENTS MUST BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN THE DUE DATE. LATE FEES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. NO EXCEPTIONS! we appreciate your cooperation." whatta u think?
  2. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i think thats pretty good doesnt say anything about being arrested or having your letter box blown up
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob you forgot the shovel clause. Payments must be recieved not later than the due date. Upon deliquency you will be wacked one time in a region deemed appropiate by the whacker. Any questions will be grounds for further whacking. All late fees will be strictley enforced to include a nominal fee for recieved whacking.
  4. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

NO EXCEPTIONS - You forgot "If you have a problem please Dial 1500 somebody who gives a toss"

Otherwise it works for me. I build walls so I include the clause.."Goods and Services Provided under this contract remain our property until paid in full"...but what are you gunna do? take the clippings back?:dizzy:
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Why do you have to have your invoices pre-printed? Can't you just print that clause on there when you print your invoice?
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I was starting to get a few late payers a year or so ago and did something like that. Only one complaint, he cancelled actuallly. The thing is he always paid on time. I did get the late payers to pay on time though.
  7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

maybe say it a bit more subtle. bills i get from phone, electric, etc, have a due date and list ammount or percentage after that date. as long as you have a reasonable period for them to pay before due date.... 2 weeks instead of 2 days.
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the ones that take it offensive are the ones who are always on time, late payers know its aimed at them, the best payers look at it like, why is that highlighted at me? Bobby you need some that say we appreciate your prompt payments. for the ones you never have a problem with.
    I myself print straight out of quick books and note whatever I want on the bottom.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Well bobby i know not ever 1 will abid by the rules let me sell out hire me to collect, bouncer if you will call that.
  10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Bold capitol letters is shouting...offensive in cyber world.
    Red letters sounds like your pissed off.
    A quick glance at the invoice shouts " pay me NOW A**HOLE !!!
    It also tells me that you have trouble collecting money...regularly. People have a problem paying if they don't feel completely satisfied. Reading that on an invoice would make me wonder if I was completely satisfied.
    To speed up payments, I will bill for December on 12/23. payment is due Jan 4. I enclose a return envelope with a bar code on bottom speeding delivery to my mail box.