My New JD ZTR Mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lawnstriper23, Apr 30, 2008.

1. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy fellow green thumbs, I just wanted to share (actually brag) about the new mower that I just bought last night. I decided to purchase a new ZTR because I am now cutting 3 yards and the 21” push mower is getting old. I didn’t really have a ton of money to drop on a new machine so I went with a nice residential grade ZTR mower for now. Who knows, maybe down the rode I will purchase a more commercial grade, but for now I think that this mower will fit the bill.
    I bought the ZTR from Home Depot as I found out that they had one 2007 John Deere EZtrak Z225 42” zero turn mower left in their stock. They marked it down from $2899.00 to $2400, I got an extra $200 off because it was sitting outside (though it was covered so no water damage) and another 10% ($200) off because I just opened a Home Depot line of credit and you get 10% off your first purchase. So out the door with delivery and taxes, I spend $2100 for this machine. I am stoked with this purchase and the machine is being delivered this Saturday morning. I have already purchased a new set of Gator blades for it so those will be the first thing I swap out.
    Aww yes, the neighbor is going to be pissed at me because I have a new toy and he doesn’t :cry: The best thing about this whole purchase was that I bought it with Home Depot gift cards that were purchased from Giant Eagle. Any of you do the Fuel Perks thing through Giant Eagle? Can you say $4 off per gallon of gas!!!! Damn I love when a plan comes together :dancing:

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you got a great deal. Let us know how it performs in the field. I love that lab puppy in your avatar. How old is it?

3. lawnstriper23

Thanks and I will be sure to post pictures. I am trying to come up with a way to possibly add a striper to this machine. I guess we will wait to see how she lays the stripes first and then we will worry about building some kind of striper. Gotta live up to my username you know.
    As for my little Lab puppy, her name is Bella and she is now 3 1/2 years old. The avatar picture is the picture of her when I found her on petfinder.com Could you resist that cute little face? I know that I couldn't :)

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

You use to have a Hustler MFT didn't you???

postpics.gif

5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Bella is a cute girl. I have a female lab as well. Theres some picture up in another thread I posted last week when my neighbors pits got in the yard and attacked my female lab and killed my other dog, nearly chewed his head off. You can check the thread out if you like, its titled "I hate Pits" Just try a search, it should come up.

6. lawnstriper23

Yeppers, sold the MFT a little over a year ago. I will probably go that route again once I get this paid off and get some cash saved up. I imagine my younger brother will have no gripes about me giving him the John Deere in about two years. The MFT was my first choice, but my wife made it clear that if I was to buy a new mower I would have to pay for it with my own money and not the "family money". Not sure if she realizes but some of that "family money" is earned by me :hammerhead:
    I will post pix when it is dropped off and I get a chance to do some damage....

7. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

How come you sold the MFT?? You did not sell it to get this mower did you??

8. lawnstriper23

I sold the MFT because the ol' lady got on my case about spending too much money of "luxury" items. By selling the MFT it was my way of showing her that I wasn't spoiled :laugh: The John Deere is being bought with money that I have scraped together by cutting lawns, snowblowing, selling old bike parts, etc. So once the JD is paid off and I get a nice little savings built back up I will spring for the MFT again. To answer your question, I didn't sell the MFT to get the JD. The JD is nice, but if it came down to picking one or the other, you should know that once your a Hustler your always a Hustler :cool2: When I do end up getting another MFT, the JD will be "donated" to my little brother. I imagine within two years I will be hauling azz on a MFT again....

9. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

interesting post, striper!!! keep us aprised of what you think of the jd. they sure look tempting everytime i walk in lowes.