My new Kubota ZD331

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dozerdogue, Oct 19, 2008.

1. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

Well here she is and she is a beast. If you have any questions ask away.:cool2:

kubota daytime 001.jpg

kubota daytime 002.jpg

kubota daytime 003.jpg

kubota daytime 004.jpg

2. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Seeing alot of Kubota's in my area this year. Looks like they are taking a nice share of the market. One dealer in my area sells Kubota, Toro, Wright, and Walker. A great lineup of quality mowers.

3. Lehighlawnpros

Lehighlawnpros LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations, that looks like an awesome machine.
    Kubota diesel rocks!

If you've tried the deck maintenance lift feature, does it work well/easy to operate?

Bob
    Lehighlawnpros

4. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you think that this Kubota deck will mow better than the Grasshopper deck you had? Did you have issues with the Grasshopper in some way?

I not trying to be critical, I just do not hear of someone switching from a Grasshopper 400 series to a Kubota very often.

5. dozerdogue

from CT

The deck maintenance lift feature is really slick and really allows easy access to the blades. Also the ability to take of the blades with an electric impact gun easily doable.

6. mjealey

mjealey LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the Kubota machines a couple weeks ago. First time that I really spent some time looking at them and they were really impressive. If you don't mind me asking, how much does the zd 331 cost these days?

7. dozerdogue

from CT

The cut quality is easily as good as the grasshopper although it does not stripe as well. The power difference from the 428 to the 331 is huge. This thing is a brush hog to say the least. I think it really transfers a lot more power to the deck probably due to the pto gearbox. Also since the deck is 6.5" deep it handles heavy wet and thick grass easily. I demoed this machine alongside a toro 29dfi 60", a ferris IS4500 28HP cat 60", a John deere 997 72" 31hp yanmar, exmark lazer z xs 35hp BVG 66" and finally my Grasshopper 428D 28hp kubota 60". It easily had the most power and could not be bogged down.

8. dozerdogue

from CT

If you shop around they can be had for 12.5-13k before tax.

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations on a nice beast of a mower. Other than power what was some other deciding factors you were concerned with?

10. dozerdogue

from CT

Run flat tires, oscilating or fixed deck feature, easily service access, fit &finish, cut quality, power, steering response, large fuel tanks, this mower I felt is the most mower for the money, wet multi disk clutch, shaft drive, powerful fuel saving diesel, and a good warranty backed by a strong dealer.:weightlifter: