MY NEW Lazer HP back to the same...can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by btbej, Jun 2, 2004.

1. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

I posted on this subject last week and my problem still seems to be there even after the dealer adjusted the deck. It seems to cut fine on some turf and then get into my bigger accounts the problem is real evident and I sure hope this is not normal for exmarks Lazer HP! By the way this is a 03 model with a 23 HP Kaw and only has 80 hours.

2004_0602image0043.jpg

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The pic isn't big enough or clear enough for me to tell what's going on.
    Can you describe the problem for us?

3. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

Sorry the picture was great till I had to downsize it to fit this site. If you look straight up the dark stripe you will see a lighter strip on the left and the right. Basically the strips are getting cut shorter than the rest of the grass. The dealer adjusted the deck last week and it was 1" lower in the front than in the back. I posted about this last week and I thought the problem was solved but after getting back to my bigger accounts it is noticeable. I will try to get a closer better view of the problem.

4. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

LETS TRY THIS PHOTO!

lawnphoto.jpg

5. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

Now that we can see the problem a little clearer any suggestions? Or is this normal?

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like too much pitch? Try to pitch the deck (forward) no more than 1/8 of an inch.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What height are you cutting?

8. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

I cut most of my commercial accounts at 3.5 to 4" and the problem is noticeable at any height.

9. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Try pitching your deck 1/4 inch higher in the front. Also. take your mower to a level surface and check all your blades for distance to ground on a 360 degree rotation. If all is well, check your belts for proper tension. There is really not to much else that can be causing this. Is your motor up to its full RPMs? If not, maybe one area of the deck is more susceptible to the power loss and is not lifting as well as other areas. Let us know what you find.

10. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

RPM's have been checked by dealer. He checked the blade levels and also the tension of the belts and said everything was fine. I even mowed in his field but it is not as noticeable due to his grass is fairly short all the time. He sold me some new blades to solve the problem. At first they said it was the anti scalp rollers and then found that the deck was 1" lower in the front than in the back. So you are saying to have the deck 1/4" higher in the front compared to the back? I always thought you where suppose to have the front of the deck 1/8" lower in the front? Or mabey I misunderstood! I am going to take these pictures into the dealer to show them what is happening.