My new Meg-Mo blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLCS, Aug 4, 2003.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I just had a set of meg Mo blades installed on my JD 757 w/60" deck, this afternoon. So, far I've cut 1 lawn with them and all I can say is wow. I'm able to throw the clippings twice as far, leaving no clumps at all. The clippings are less than half the size of when I ran the JD mulch kit. Seems to have good lift, I didn't have any stringers still standing and I didn't do any double cutting. Here is a picture of the blades. I'll post more in the future.

mowing 010ls.jpg

2. DLCS

Here is a pic of the lawn I cut with the Meg MO blades.

mowing 012ls.jpg

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

looks interesting. perhaps i'll experiment with those on a kubota tractor i use on one property that is over watered.

4. How do you sharpen them, and cost wise wouldn't double blades have pretty close to the same effect?

5. DLCS

You can sharpen them right on the machine with a air sander or a electric angle grinder. I don't think they are quite the same as running doubles since all four blades are on the same plane. Also, once the initial purchase is made replacement cost would be only 16.00 per spindle for new blades. One added benefit is if you hit something with the Meg Mo blades, they can fold back possibly eliminating damage to the blade.

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Those look pretty good to me! Nice Lawn too! (Even tough no stripes, I LIKE it!) BTW, How do you like the JD Stamped 7 Iron Deck?

7. DLCS

Stamped decks have always worked for me. I have never had any trouble with them.

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey DLCS can ya give us a little info on wherew you got them ?

and what other mowers will they fit?

Thank You

9. DLCS

Go to www.meg-mo.com . The website will tell what sizes are available and how you can contact Meg Mo systems.

10. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Where's the stripesssssssssssssss?????:confused: