My new Mini Fastrak!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by EC-Rider, Mar 6, 2005.

1. EC-Rider

EC-Rider LawnSite Member

Just bought my new Mini Fastrak a few weeks ago!
    The cut quality is awsome! The ride is fun! I've only used it three time and can't wait for summer to have more fun. :blob3:
    Although a home owner's machine, this thing is build tough! I looked at everything from Snapper, Dixie Chopper, Scag, John Deere and everything else in between, with the 36" GHS Walker a close second.
    The difference was not so much the price, but the dealer, Gautreaux's Lawn Care. They are great, honest, very helpful. :angel:
    We service and repair all kinds of equipment including large and small commercial grass cutting equipment so I know the difference in build, problems,and issues, believe me, everyone has some.

Hustler has a great product and nothing to be ashamed of, in fact I wish the name "Hustler" was out in front and sides so people would stop asking me who makes it and I could keep on Z-riding! LOL!. :waving:

2. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

Congratulations and welcome to the Hustler family. If I could get all my dealers to be like the Gautreaux's, I would not have to work nearly as hard. Keep us posted in the future how the mower is doing and spread the word in LaPlace.

3. CottonPatch

Congratulations and welcome to the Hustler family. If all my dealers were like the Gautreauxs, I would have a lot easier job. Thank you for purcahsing a Huslter and spread the word in Laplace. We have a warehouse full of Fastaks to sell.

4. EC-Rider

EC-Rider LawnSite Member

It looks like a good strong family to me! LOL! :cool:

CottonPatch, your warehouse full of fastraks should diminish considerably this summer. Frankly, other than the Hydro-units it could easily pass for a full commercial unit and the cut is just as good as and even better than a lot of them. I got the bagger with mine and the cut looks much better then my neighbor’s who gets his professionally cut with a large commercial ZTR. :p

I do realize that a lot has to do with sharp blades, clean deck (for better suction) etc. which is why I insist on doing it myself and enjoying it for as long as I can.
    I see a many large residential homes and commercial areas with a lot of nook and crannies where a smaller machine would be perfect, and at the fastrack speed it would be fast! Which might explain why Gravely, Dixie, Walker, etc. are all coming out with smaller decks in their lineup?

I have seen commercial units not build as well as these. Moreover, machines are like humans (sort of) in that a human can get a new heart and keep on ticking, but when you get old you can't get a new body! LOL! Like wise if an engine or hydro goes out you can just replace and keep going, that is, if you’ve a good body and Hustlers do! :cool2:

Which would lead me to the inevitable question, how hard would it be to replace them with commercial type units?
    I plan on getting a acre or two a few years form now, and it may get used a lot more since I may not want to trade up for a bigger unit because there may be a lot of nooks, obstacles, gates, etc. and trees to squeeze around.

5. CottonPatch

These pumps have at least an 800 hour rating on them. So even if you expand your property, you should be fine. Just check with the Gaurteaux's and schedule periodic maintenance on the machine. It will be well worth it in the future. Keep turning their heads in Laplace and send some customers on over to Gonzales. If you have any problems whatsover, please do not hesitate to let me know. Once again thank you for the business.

6. dagrel42

dagrel42 LawnSite Member

How much do you mow and how fast can you mow with the mini fastrak. I am interested in purchasing a ZTR this spring/summer and have approximately 1.75 acres to cut with numerous trees, etc. I have a John Deere 42 inch riding mower and it takes about 3-3.5 hrs. to mow. I would be very happy if I could cut the time in half.

7. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

We sure appreciate the nice words and we're glad you're enjoying your new FasTrak!

You know where we are if you need us!

8. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

I would suggest a 52" cut. You have a large yard and think a mini, although would be faster than what you have now, would still be a chore. 3.5 hour! too long. You need a ZTR!

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you went with the 42" Mini FasTrak, you would easily cut about 45 minutes to a hour off your time, the maneuverability of the zero turn mower is going to free up a lot of your time!

Pj

10. dagrel42

dagrel42 LawnSite Member

Thank you for your reply! I agree, that much time is toooooo long to spend on a mower and I certainly intent to look at the Hustler fastrack line as a dealer is only about 5-6 miles away.