1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My new mower!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xfiring, Jun 14, 2009.

1. xfiring

xfiring LawnSite Member

Got a great deal on a 2001 Toro T-Bar 32" Proline. It only had 10 hours on it and sat in a barn for 8 years. Paid $1000. I think it was a great deal. It has the 12.5 HP Kawasaki, not sure if that enough to pull a sulky someday or not?

Knocked my .4 acres from 1:15 to about 25 minutes. Main reason was for hills, did great on the up and down hills and mediocre on side to side but didn't want to spend 4k for a dual hydro.

I can't believe how brand new this thing is. Maybe the price is bad for the age of it, but for the use and sitting in a sheltered garage for 8 years I think it was a great deal.

toro6.jpg

toro1.jpg

2. ztrworldnewbie

ztrworldnewbie LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new to you mower. It does look in excellent condition.

3. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

That was an Awesome deal! If I had ran across that deal I'd have bought it too. Great find.

4. VirginiaLawnCare

VirginiaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Good deal and you will have no problem pulling a sulky with the 12.5

5. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

xfiring,

My 12.5 Kaw lasted 15 years of moderate commercial service. It still had the original drive belts on it when I sold it. Good mower, good motor. Congrats.

Tim

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I had the same mower with pistol grips but it cut great.

7. xfiring

xfiring LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone, I am still very excited!

Any recommendation on to mulch kit or not and what type of oil to put in her?

8. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I had almost the same exact mower except it was 36inch and 13HP Kohler. The T-Bar is a great set up. I had the mulch kit on mine but the grass in my area in the spring was just too much for it. Other wise it was a great mower.

9. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Nice! I had the same vintage mower, only in a 36. You're going to love the T-bar,,, I did.

10. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

i second that vote!