My new mower!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by G-father, Oct 7, 2003.

1. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Well guys I picked up my new mower this weekend. I never thought I would get so excited about a mower. :D :D

It’s a Turf Tiger 27 hp LC 61 inch mower and it dwarfs my 48 inch belt walkbehind.

I’m going to try the mulching kit and I also have a set of heavy duty gators to play with.

I just wanted to let everyone know I looked for a long time at scag and exmark, found the best prices in the Midwest and decided the scag was for me.

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Where in MI are you, and who was the dealer??

And why are we up so late????

:D

3. JCKL

JCKL LawnSite Member
    from Ma.

he's still excited :D

4. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Rules!!

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Enjoy it . It should serve you well.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

congrats on the mower

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Did it not just snow up that way? Why now? Sale price or tax reasons? But congrads, i will be joining you soon as the pround owner of a new something. I tried to get one too many years out of my great dane this year. That is one big step up.

8. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I also have 27/61 turf tiger,I plan on keepin it along time, 1000hrs and its just broke in.

9. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Lucky dog! That is the mower I want! I did a demo on one and really liked it. Congrats!

Now, go mow some lawns!

10. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Hey thanks guys,

I just got back from mowing and checked the hour meter (just over seven hours) almost time for the first oil change.

Does anyone know why they have you change the oil after just 8 hours? It seems like 15-20 would be more realistic.

Mtdmaster – I bought the mower from Lansing. “why are we up so late?” – all I can think about right now is mowers, might as well be social too.

Lawnman_scott- I need a good rig for leaves this fall. Looking for a collection system for it (cyclone rake or 3 bag spindle driven). Good deals on mowers in the fall too.