My New Mower!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Nov 17, 2004.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well Ive finally got my dream mower. Ive been looking into them for a while and I finally took the plunge to buy one. Actually I bought it back in July, but I figured Id save the pictures and the thread until the cutting season was over and everyone was dreaming about their new mowers for next season. (or had the time to resize and reformat the pictures :blush: ) Some are still cutting (lucky lcos).

Its a 2004 John Deere 667 Quik Trak. I bought it used with only 19.1 hours on it. For those who are not familiar with them it is a Zero-Turning-Radius stander mower. It comes with a 23hp v-twin gas OHV kawi engine. A full floating 60" 7-Iron Deck with a no-tool deck cutting height adjustment. Cutting adjustments are from 1.5" to 4.5" with 1/2" increments. Obviously its a hydro as well. It has a forward top speed of 8.5mph and a reverse top speed of 4mph. I also received a 5 year extended warranty on top of the regular 2 year commercial warranty, and an Accelerator grass catcher. I swear the mower was made for me. It was boughten on my birthday and was only about 45 miles from my house.

Many wright owners believe wright is the only manufacturer that does standers right. Ive mentioned in other threads that the John Deere Quik-Traks are far more advanced then the wrights(as the pics will show). Not taking anything away from wright, but I looked into both mowers and decided the Deere was right for me. I knew I wanted a stander though. They are very maneuverable and compact. The 667 is actually shorter then my 48" Exmark Viking.

Here are some pictures of my mower and its features.(Be patient :cool: ) Ive researched the Quik-Traks religious, so feel free to ask me any questions about them. I will try to answer them the best I know how.

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a picture of the Front of the mower with the Accelerator cather on:

Front.jpg

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a picture of the Right Front with the Accelerator grass catcher on:

RightFront.jpg

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

A picture of the right side with open discharge:

Right.JPG

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a picture of the back of the mower. Notice the bright yellow thigh/knee pad? Very comfortable. It also flips up to give easier access to the back of the engine:

Back.JPG

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a picture of the Left side of the mower:

Left.jpg

7. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

How about a picture of the mower in the grass dead on?:

Front2.jpg

8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Another picture of the mower in the grass from the front left. Notice how the front of the 7-Iron deck curls up? It allows things like leaves to pass under the deck easier instead of acting like a leave plow:

LeftFront.jpg

9. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a picture of the adjustable 60" full floating 7-Iron deck. That piece of alluminum on the top of the deck is the bracket for the easy to lift on and off Accelerator grass catcher. All the bolts, nuts, and chains are grade 8 quality:

FloatingDeck.jpg

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

A closeup of the no-tool deck adjust. It adjusts from 1.5" to 4.5" with .5" increments. Ther is a key ring on the back side of what looks like a bolt that goes through the holes with the numbers on it. You take the ring off, push down on the handle pull the pin out and put it in the corresponding hole for the desired cutting height. Put the ring back on. Then you do the same thing on the other side. Takes maybe 20 seconds max:

CuttingHeightAdjust.jpg