My new power chute

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Matts lawn care, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Hey guys i got a power chute from Power Chute Designs for my 60" Toro. I called him up on Sunday and told him i needed it by Friday. His response Sure! so come Friday afternoon I had a diamond plate power chute at my door. Instillation was easy just drill 1 hole, attach wires and attach foot pedal. I took 2 shots from the back so you could see how far it extends from the deck.

DSC02726.jpg

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02728.jpg

DSC02729.jpg

2. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Matt,

Nice photos of the installation job. I've thought about getting one of those for my Toro. Is the motor protected from water? I power wash my units now and then and wondered if the motor is sealed.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

3. Matts lawn care

from MD

I cant tell you off the top of my head but the motors come with a lifetime warranty.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've had mine out in torrential down pours and it hasn't hurt it yet. One thing I would do is put dialectric grease on the connections to the motor. I have about 500 hrs on mine so far and though it looks like hell it still works. I've hit many things with the door and was able to bend it straight again with a small crescent wrench. But I'll need a new door for next year though.:cry:

5. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

How fast does that thing open and close?

6. Matts lawn care

from MD

It takes about a second to open/close.

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I bought one for each of my crews. They were both not working in one month. I just don't think they are tough enough. I junked them and just put mulching kits on my tigers.

8. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

lets see some pics of the hole mower with it o ya congrats!

9. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

you know that is a power windo motor from a car/truck with a plate on it to cover the gear set.[the red cover before the arm] i have worked at a ford dealership for 15 years i have replaced a lot of them over time but they do get wet and water should not hurt it. looks good.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yep ...don't know why they don't make them stronger and offer a version that could be manually opened....