My new Quick 36 Samurai

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Exact Rototilling, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Never posted pics here before - here goes. Arrived last week.
    Anxious to try it out now - no grass to mow until late March at the earliest.
    :cry:

PICT7700.jpg

PICT7701.jpg

PICT7702.jpg

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice machine! Is it easy to get on your trailer?

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations !!

4. Exact Rototilling

Hasn't been on the trailer since I dragged the crate off with an appliance dolly. :cry::weightlifter::cry: Since it's a hydro drive I'm sure it will be super easy to load up on any ramp.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good

Give us an update in spring

6. GangGreen

GangGreen LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

i got my samurai yesterday too. She's a beauty i can't wait to cut some grass with her!

7. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't like what I'm hearing about the new Quick 32" machine now.... can you guys tell me how wide the samurai is with the deflector up? If it's 39 1/2" or less, I may well buy this unit instead of the new 32" machine. I SURELY would appreciate it.... why Quick doesn't publish this spec on their web site is .... well, frankly, amatuerish.

Quick may build good machines, but they are clueless when it comes to marketing. Even their phone sytem is all freakin bunged up... some sort of wireless system that breaks up so much I can't hear half of what they are saying on the phone when I call them.

For a company that has no dealers, having a chit phone sytem is pretty stupid. Plus, I got what was apparently bad info from some guy there about the new 32" machine. They do impress me as a bunch of guys that design nice mowers... out of a garage.

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Quick - width (chute up) / length / # of blades

32 - 34.5" / 66" / 2

36 - 39.5" / 59" / 3

9. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Whitey:

Thanks a bunch for the feedback. Hearing things like this helps us to do a better job and your comments are appreciated.

Noone at Better Outdoor has a static job. Our tech guys don't sit at a desk all day (no need to!), and may be in the warehouse one minute pulling an order or packing a parts shipment and then taking a sales or service call the next. They're seldom sitting idle at a land-line. For this reason, we use cordless extensions with our current 5-line PBX system. If you're getting poor sound quality, it's definately something we need to (and will) address. Our call volume has increased dramatically this season and we're looking at a much bigger (and much more sophisticated) system for '08. Just one more of the many challenges presented by rapid growth! :dizzy:

The new 32 hasn't been officially released and consequently there's no information yet up on the site. Look for a major website revamp in January which will be a formal introduction of the 32, the addition of a completely new interactive service video section along with some other things we're not ready to talk about just yet. :rolleyes:

As far as the "garage" comment. It's true, way back in the beginning, we started out in a garage... just like Henry Ford. :laugh:

Merry Christmas Lawnsite! :cool2:

Best,

gp

10. Exact Rototilling

I just measured my Q36 - the max width with the chute removed is right at 38.5"

With the chute installed & tipped up fully mine measured at 42.5" with an eyeball deviation of +/- 1/4" since I don't have a plumb bob handy.

It's possible some specs have changed???

We are not talking huge amount of time to remove the side chute. If you keep a pre rigged small 9/16 ratchet and short 9/16 box wrench on a small tool caddy on the mower I think we re talking less than 40 seconds removal time maybe a total of 1 minute to install the side deflector.

I'm planning on doing most of my mowing with the mulch plate installed anyhow. Beside if you do use the accelerator catcher side chute has to come off.

Mulch plate installs in less than 1 minute. :cool2:
    :waving: