My New Redmax 7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RobH, Apr 18, 2005.

1. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

I just picked up a new Redmax 7001 this weekend and I am so amazed with this blower. It is absolutely awesome. The 8000 was out of my price range and from what I've read here, many guys are also very happy with the performance of the 7001.

So if anybody out there is looking for a new blower, definitely check out Redmax.

One thing I'm curious about is how many hp is this blower? My dad and I were trying to compare it to his Giant Vac with a 5hp Briggs. We were just trying to get a good comparison. Anybody out there know?

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Well from what I've been told and could confirm if I compared is the 8000 puts out as much cfm as a 5hp walk behind. So the 7001 would be coming in under that by a tad.

3. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i just got one the other day too, lots of power, keeps shocking(electricuting) the hell out of me though.

4. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

RobH, glade you like it. I have both the 8000 and the 7001. I don't know the exact horsepower, but I do know that the 8000 has 20% more cfm than the 7001. Here in the midwest, the 7001 cost $100 less than the 8000.
    549 vs. 459 Both are EXCELLENT blowers.
    As for the guy with the one that shocks him, take it to your dealer, sounds like you just have a ground problem or something minor.

5. EWIRedMaxRep

EWIRedMaxRep LawnSite Member

4.1 hp more or less