My new ride

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Feb 21, 2009.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

You know me...when we build something new I have to post pics because I am just do darn proud of it! :laugh:

Got a new ride this year to haul my new Z Spray. Just got done this week building the ramp...but still have to build the spray system, get it wrapped and do a few final touches!

My dad built the ramp and it is 100% stainless! It is 120" long and 60" wide and weighs about 300#...but it lifts very easy with 2- 270# gas shocks!

I am really pumped about this outfit as it can carry 2 pallets of fert and 250 gallons of water.

Let me know what ya think!

Truck pics 274.JPG

Truck pics 278.JPG

Truck pics 289.JPG

Truck pics 269.JPG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Nice, I like them chrome wheels. You might be able to squeeze that John Deere in there, might have to have heavy duty ramps though! lol

3. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

sweet!!!! that must be one of those big gas gussler trucks I keep reading about on here.:laugh::laugh:That Z-spray looks like its ready to go make some money.AWESOME RIDE!

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

How are you going to get the fert up in the truck. Is the ramp strong enough to hold a fork lift? Enclosed trucks are nice but I like my open trailer. Everything is easy to load and get to.

5. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

hell probably use good ole man power.

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Good question!

We actually designed the ramp so it would be very easy to take off while in the upright position.

Undue the two shocks, use a vinyl stap to lift with forklift and pull the hinge pin. It takes about 4-5 minutes total. Then load with forklift.

I will only have to load it about every other day or so...so not too bad.

Went with box to keep product dry....but mostly for the ADVERTISING!

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Oops we can't think of everything but a side door for loading pallets would be nice. Maybe the Ramp is easy to come off so a fork lift can load and a Pallet jack can move it around.

rcreech

Nice ride, Now put a computer and printer in the front seat and you have a complete rolling shop-office. No excuse for leaving any thing at home. BTW I am a big fan of enclosed equipment haulers.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Thanks Ric!

I actually looked at adding a side door...but the cost was CRAZY, and it was going to mess us my "billboard"! I am having the truck wrapped next week and it doesn't look as good with a door!

Effeciency is very important to me...but looks is also!

I would have loved to add a door as it would have been much easier to load and I was going to have a good way to access my hose reel. I was looking at a hose reel on a tracked system when side door was open, and then move it out of the way when loading truck with fert (it was going to be a sweet design).

Now I think I am going to put the hose reel below the box and drop the hoses through the floor to an enclosed box with the hose reel in it.

Still working on building the sprayer and design.

9. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Maybe put the reel in a belly box I have seen new plastic ones that are supposed to be as solid as steel.

10. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Once the fertilizer is on the truck do you have to move by hand to the front? I assume you need room for the Z in the back. That seems like it would take too much time and work for me.