my new ride

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FrankenScagMachines, Apr 19, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Throttle Body Injection. It's Electronic Fuel Injection/Throttle Body. Same as on my F250, but on a 460 instead of a 351.

2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

looking good frankenscag, time for some minor cosmetics and it will look nice1

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Yep. That's what is next :) Some simulators for the wheels, eventually a paint job and new wood, fix the bumper, etc.

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, Frankenscag's moving up in the world! Congratulations on the new truck. I think those 1-ton trucks are great-very versatile. Good luck,

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Yep. It's been good about everything but gas. about 7.6 mpg! That's about 2/3 with trailer, 1/3 w/o, and all of it in town. From what I hear, it could be worse in a 460 though. I am gonna try to tweak a bit more out of it if I can. Tonight I put on a single 3" pipe from the catalytic converter straight back 4' then with a turn-down. Sounds better and seems to have a slight improvement in power up hill with trailer (accelerates better uphill). Sounds almost similar to a Flowmaster, but a little louder and not quite as deep and "rumbly". It has a dual inlet, single outlet catalytic converter, thus the single 3" pipe.

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice work....very happy for you: some questions though.

Is this one 4X4? I knew you wanted somthing 4WD to plow with, is this going to be your new work truck...whats the 250 going to do?

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

nah she's 6x4. Only back 4 wheels drive. I probably will not do plowing this winter because still in school. The F250 I sold to a kid Friday. His first truck just got his license that day. Hated to see it go :cry: it was a good looker.

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

and a looker it was eric. how much did you see the white beauty for?

what i meant to ask-is this truck going to have a plow at some point?

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Smooth move little one. Hay!!!! I'm going back to the pro-slide!!
    John

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

$1600 for the white one. It needed much repairing so I thought if a person put $1000 into it it would be worth $2600.

Don't think this truck will see a plow.

Thanks John. The Pro is doing well. Need a new skid, but it stripes well still. I love the eXmark! Next year I really want a 60" Lazer though!!