My New Rig

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

This is my 1994 Ford F150 I bought it from my cousin about three weeks ago. It had running boards when I bought it but my dad and I took those off. It has 71,000 miles on it with new brakes all around and tires. It runs and drives just fine. I only had to pay 2,000 for it since it was a relative. Enjoy the pics and would love to have some suggestions about things I could add to my rig or just comments.

HPIM0928.jpg

HPIM0935.jpg

HPIM0936.jpg

HPIM0930.jpg

HPIM0931.jpg

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

very nice pickup! Good luck to you with it!

3. Kennedy Landscaping

The main thing that I want is for my truck and trailer to look more professional. This summer I will probably be getting trimmer racks to put on the side of the trailer, a rhino lining for the truck bed, and a diamond plated tool box for the truck bed also.

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck! what engine does it have 4.9, 5.0, 5.8?

5. Kennedy Landscaping

It has a 5.8L 351 and it loves the gas, also has 2 20 gallon tanks

6. Lawn-Sharks

Both of my trucks the 95' & 85' listed in my sig below are 4x4 and have the 351windsor in them the 95' is fuel injected nothing special but the 85' has a 351w H.O. and when i rebuilt the engine i had a machine shop port out and shave 0.20 off a set of E7 heads and i had them cut them to fit Gt40 stainless steel valves in them it jumped my compression a little.(more power) I then added a holley street master intake and a holley 600 double pumper carb to the mix all in the end it pulls both my trailers loaded and gets 10.5 Mpg not to bad considering its 4x4 and has 36" militarys tires...So i know what you mean by " the 351w loves the fuel"

P.S. yours has 2 -20gal tanks are you sure i think both of my trucks have 2 -15 gallon tanks

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Pretty sure on the tanks, it says in the manual that it has 2 20 gallon tanks. Soon I will be getting a catback exhaust system for mine. I don't want it to sound like one of those little riceburners but more of a deep mellow sound. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve anything about the rig?

8. Lawn-Sharks

Save your money and insted of a prefab cat back system
    (assuming that what you ment)take you truck down to a local muffler shop and tell them to make you one from a single inlet to a duel outlet flowmaster with 3" tips. I promise you'll love the sound and the performance and probley save a few dollars to by going with a muffler shop install

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Thanks for the tip, will probably be checking it out

10. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

i would put a lining in that bed ASAP!!!!