My New Scag Wildcat Pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daren, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Daren

Daren LawnSite Member

Just thought I would post pictures of the Quality job my new Scag Wildcat does. It has the 25 HP Kaw with 52 inch deck. These pictures are without the Stripe Kit. I do have it, just didnt use it this time. I did a lot of research before deciding to go witht he scag. I have run John Deere for the past 5 years. I looked at Toro, they are nice also. When trying to decide and researching on here I didnt see much about the Scag WC so I thought I would post for others trying to decide. I am very pleased with my choice.

Daren Brantley

IMG_4102.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4103.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

2. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Nice Mower- Nice cut- Congrats!

hillndale:clapping:

'05 42" Scag Z Cat

3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice !!! machine and grass. Looks like she stripes good.

I have got to say , must be nice to have shuch thick lush grass to mow, and to see leaves on trees. I guess monday will be our open of mowing season here, but no leaves on. Its still quite brown here. Thanks for the pics !!! I could get lost in them if I look to long.

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The cut looks great. We just bought a Turf Tiger with a 52in about 3 weeks ago. We also have a Tiger Cub with the advantage deck. Some people don't like the velocity deck but in my opinion it distributes the grass evenly and leaves a great cut. I think the reason some people don't like the velocity is because they try to mulch with it. Scags are made to discharge, so they dont mulch as good as others.

5. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Very nice mower! I am currently trying to decide between the Exmark with the new 50" Triton Deck and a 27HP Kohler and the Scag Wildcat with the 52" and Velocity plus deck with the 25HP Kawisaki. I would add the mulch kits to both units. I am leaning towards the Scag because it has a 250ftlb clutch vs 200ftlb for the Exmark. I am assuming that would be better for mulching. Would you have any suggestions about my dilemma seeing how you have the Scag and seem to like it. Do you have the mulch kit?

Joe

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Look's good,scag has a 26 lc kawasaki on there widcats this year.

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Very nice, How long does it take you to cut that lawn with that mower?

8. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

not sure, whats so good about a 250 clutch over a 200?

9. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

When the blades have a load on them the 200ftlb clutch will start to stress out at the point that the load reaches 200ftlb's. The 250ftlb means that it will not start to slip unless that load reaches 250ftlb. Ultimately this is probably not alot, but, every little bit helps. Especially when you want to mulch 100% of the time.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Might be the reason why we never have had to replace a clutch in any of our Scags. There was a debate last year on this and apparently Scag uses one of the bigger clutches...