My new Simply Mowing Flyer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Feel free to praise or bash this flyer. I have 20,000 of these that I want to get out by April 01. Then based on response and your comments I will be revising and ordering another 40,000 flyers to be distributed in April, May and June.

I am hoping to get about 150-200 accts from the 60,000 flyers.

I started flyering Last Saturday and have put out about 3500 flyers up to today. So far 3 calls, but we are still preseason with no rain and the cold (for us) nights are keeping the grass dormant.

Tomorrow I should get out another 1200-1500 flyers.

I am targeting the bottom size lots ($20). There are about 17,000 of them in my service area.

And in the actual print, the grass doesn't look so bad. I photoshopped the weeds out. :)

Attached Files:

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Not bad at all. I like a nice simple, clean door hanger and your's fits the bill. One question however.... If you are only targeting 17,000 potential lots why are you passing out 60,000 of these? Target only those you wish to service.

3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

weed eat? Do you actually eat the weeds?

How about you use Trim instead of weed eat.

Also you are going to Blow them off? How bout clean walks or blow walks?

4. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

I think the pic is fine, and over all the hanger is great. Honestly I think any door hanger will work, it just has to be in their hand and ready when they are wanting the service.

Possible changes to consider:
    1. make the "$20" MUCH LARGER and move it to the top under "Simply mowing" or under your slogan.
    2. Show the Master card and Visa logos. You can down load a few different logos from their sites.
    3. Also, highlight your web site more....I see you can't sign up on line...I would suggest this as it can be a big time saver for you

Hope this helps!

5. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

3,500 a day? wow, how is 5.8 per min in a 10 hour day possible? Paying a guy from Kenya or are you just chancing the post office does not prosecute for federal offense?

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey John .... I just saw a flyer in the PSJ area that had monthly billing starting at $65 per month .... YIKES

Good Luck the Summer ....n pray fore RAIN

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Your onto that federal offense thing today arent you? Well great news, they dont, and maybe he is just driving by and dropping them by the box.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It looks good, the website does too. But on the site where you mention your sister company presision, wouldnt it be good to have that a link to presision website?

9. Precision

planning on multiple hits through out the year.

I am planning on hitting each area at least twice and also each time we land a new acct, having the crew pass out +/-30 fliers to houses nearby hopefully increasing stop density.

10. Precision

I have tried trim before and clients think that means hedge trimming. And line trimming means nothing to clients either. Just going with the dumbed down thing for ease of clients. Maybe good maybe bad, but they all know what it means.

I agree with not liking "blow off" but I haven't been able to come up with something better.