My New Site, and Cards Designed by me

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by TigerPops, Sep 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TigerPops

TigerPops LawnSite Member

http://www.TigerPopsLawn.com

[​IMG]

I designed these both my self, I bought a godaddy domain and used a buddy's hosting server.

message me or post here with questions

2. talktosch

talktosch LawnSite Member

It looks like you used the Oakland wordpress theme designed by CMS masters?

3. TigerPops

Yes, that is the theme I used as a base. I could have customized it more but I pretty much rushed it to get it up. All images associated with the site are my design/ work. the photo in the one banner is a stock I used from my stock photo account.

I'll message you the site when I get some time to sit and customize it a little more, you will be shocked on how It changes the theme up.

I usually gut the theme completely and use a purchased theme as a skeleton. since I have very little knowledge in coding itself I know enough of CSS and am proficient in photoshop. I would have designed my site from scratch, but I dont have the money to pay for a coder at the moment.

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure if you're looking for advice, but if you are, I'd recommend either a slider or side-by-side jpg's instead of your before and after animated gifs. Since they're photos in .gif format, they are massive at 1.05mb each, killing your load times (I'm showing close to 3 second load times and 3.77mb for the home page).

5. TigerPops

Yea, I see what you mean, I will switch that up to side by sides.

I just changed the navi up so it looks less like oakland, what do you think?

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Looks ok i suppose, In the contact section you need to add some contrast behind the contrast form, its all white and washed out, you cant even see where your supposed to click to add your information.

7. TigerPops

Thanks, Yea I am going to add a border of some sort. I was thinking it looked to white also..

I been customizing the theme for the past hour

before- http://oakland.cmsmasters.net/

after- http://tigerpopslawn.com/

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

If you want feedback when you're done with it, just yell.

9. TigerPops

Hey, I just got done messing with it a little more, took away the gifs put side by sides let me know what you think...

I also tried to add border around contact I have it so when you click on the text area a green border appears but without clicking it still looks washed out, I will have to take a better look at the css later on

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Yea still looks washed out, try adding a backround color not a border.