My New site is up

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

heres my my new website after trial and error on 2 other companys(homestead, & yahoo) Frontier Lawn what needs work to sand out the rough spots

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

looks pretty good.

a few things:

a.) nice pic, but what does the ocean have to do with lawncare? actually, now that i look through it, looks like all the images are placeholders?

b.) probably would dump the "since 2004", unless you want to advertise you are so new (read: inexperienced).

c.) i'd think about forcing the page to a specific width (tables). on higher res monitors, it's spread out all over the place.

d.) lose the home page link off of the home page

e.) combine services and services coming soon in to one page. no reason to highlight a page of what you don't do. if you want to keep it, add something amusing such as "Breathe in outer space" as you probably can't do that yet, either. that'll let you know if people are reading it.

f.)lose the apostrophe in Photos and add to Customer's.

g.) get your contact info on all pages (phone).

h.) get descriptive content into the TITLE tags and add some relevant meta tags.

i.) last, but certainly not least... will you have your own domain name or is that 8m secondary host info still going to be needed? if so, you've got an uphill battle for anyone to ever remember your site.

lemme know if you need any clarifications.

tony

3. Frontier-Lawn

its from freeservers.com and i can upgrade to my own name once i get the cash and get 10 email adds also

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

for a few hundred bucks, a few pics, better sales gimmick I could make this look dynamite.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

that's the helpful attitude i'm sure he's looking for...
    as i was typing out my points, it never dawned on me to charge him for that. guess i missed out.

tony

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

So you spray & wash your equipment after every lawn you cut?

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

He also is "specialize in taking 100% responsibility"
    No need to turn cutting grass into brain surgery.

All they want is there grass cut at the same time every week and everyones sweet. Disenfecting ....whatever.

8. Frontier-Lawn

i may have to find a new company. this one now the sitebuilder wont load

9. Frontier-Lawn

yup this company is grap. my services page keeps deleting. time to look again. and im not wanting to pay any setup fees!!! just $20 or less a month, and be able to build it myself.

10. Frontier-Lawn