My New site is up

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ok i finished my website totally now whats the verdict on it :angel:

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

You really should find a new/better photo. If I were looking for someone and saw that as a representation of your work.. I'd quickly be looking elsewhere.

The lawn looks like crap & there's crap laying all over the crappy lawn.

Otherwise the site looks okay.

Hope this helps........

3. Frontier-Lawn

i have a prob. things keep disappearing off the web page of mine. whats with that!!

4. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

I don't know how much business a guy gets from these websites but you better do something about those customer pics I've seen better landscapes on the "trailer park boys ".

5. Frontier-Lawn

why is it that half the people on here are moronic a** clowns. and the other half are nice and helpful!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

those pics are seriously bad. seriously bad...
    if you are going to take pics on your own, make sure they are "after" shots and don't have your equipment laying all over the place. the lawn looks bad, so why not take pics of a better lawn that won't lead people to believe you're in the business of killing lawns?

tony

7. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

exactomondo.

8. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Dude.....the only thing worse than not advertising is bad advertising. And you're neck deep in it. Find a good host and get someone with page-building experience if you want a good looking web presence. All of us can build a bad site, but most choose not to.

Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh, but ma-a-a-a-a-an........

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

t edwards, not even related to frontier's specific site issues, but i wish more people would take your advice. the freebie hosting companies, and some of the do-it-yourself software has really been counter-productive to alot of small business marketing.

from a pure design perspective, and effective brand awareness, i've built small business sites for a thousand dollars, and managed the multi-million dollar development of fortune 100 company's sites and, if done correctly, one can be just as successful as the other.

i like the analogy of would you let your 15 year old nephew take a shot at fixing your dual-hydro simply because he has a toolbox? nope. so why take a key part of your marketing and hand it over to the same nephew because his mom says "he knows computers reeeeal good" and owns a bootleg copy of microsoft's frontpage software?

climbing down off my soap box,
    tony

10. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

Its got pop-ups!!!!!!!!