My new site Twin Palms

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Aussie Topcat, May 26, 2006.

1. Aussie Topcat

Aussie Topcat LawnSite Member

I have made a new site from a template of course (Aussie)

What do you guys think?

www.twinpalms.au.com

I would appreciate any feedback.:hammerhead:

The old site helped me decide that a proper site would be worth it now! $$$

2. apblue

apblue LawnSite Member

I love the layout definitely an improvement over the old one. First thing I noticed were all the punctuation errors. Misspelled words like "franchiseed" (first paragraph on about us page) and a lowercase "I" (third paragraph about us page) make you seem less professional. Also after my first semester of college and after having my professors butcher my papers I learned not to use so many commas. Example: "Clients noticed their gardens that were looking sad, once i had started work they were changing to very tidy and colourful again, making them spend more time outside with friends and family. In doing this, I had more work than I could handle, garden work had taken 3 full days a week, so I had to let go of a large number of mowing clients, leaving me lawn mowing Tuesday & Thursdays only." Maybe you should add a "to" so the end of the sentence says this "leaving me lawn mowing to Tuesdays and Thursdays only." I would say change "leaving me" to leaving my" but it says your from down unda lol so ya, do what you want with that.

I'd say this and to everyone for that matter before you post anything to your website type it into a Word Processing program and check for misspelled words, run-ons, etc. It's worth the extra 2 minutes and makes your site look more professional.

On the plus side like I said your site looks a lot better than it did before. I can tell your passionate about your job and have plenty of experience. If I had a garden (or a house even) I definitely would have given you a call. The pictures are beautiful but I really think you should have a picture page with more work that you've done.

I wanted to give you a no B.S. review for your site instead of just saying "Looks good keep up the good work" but over all it does look good just fix the punctuation errors.

3. Aussie Topcat

Thank you Blue

This is a great thing about forums, when guys are helpfull more of us cane succeed:drinkup:

Enjoy & Thanks again

4. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Aussie, I'll 2nd the above, typos drive me ntus!. I think the quote from Edna Walling is excellent. You could hardly pick a more appropriate person to caption.

My 2 bobs is I find that the female of the species loves the pictures. The more quality representations of your work you can put up there the better.
    In that regard the pic with you standing next to the trailer is good but you (I assume) are looking a bit...?? dis-interested??. Hows about a big smiling dial. It is good to have a pic of you so they can put a face to a voice so to speak.

No sure on your setup but in general "we" sounds better than "I". And there is a few "i" instead of "I".

Also the font for the e-mail hyperlink needs changing to something that fits better with the rest of the site.

Perhaps you could add a testimonial later from a satisfied customer.

The site presents well.

Well done

5. Aussie Topcat

6. Aussie Topcat

Okay so .au.com. didn't really catch on that good, so i changed it and it seems to be working already..

I would appreciate any feedback at all to make it look better before i open it to all my clients.

www.twinpalmsgardens.com.au

7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Sharp looking layout.

The visitor counter may be the only item that doesn't fit.

8. Aussie Topcat

Thanks MDV any tips for the counter

9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh...it might be that they are out-dated.

I remember when almost 2/3 or more of the websites seemed to have counter.

But anymore, they are basically a rare thing.

Do you have the option of eliminating it and the option of keeping it?

10. Aussie Topcat

Yes I can insert any counter in HTML:)