My new "skid" unit

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Mar 5, 2008.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

2. Mr.GreenJeans89

Mr.GreenJeans89 LawnSite Member

looks good creech,i bet that will work well for you.You gonna have your old man help you huh.I wish mine would quit his deadbeat job and come work with me too.He would make more money also but i dont think hes interested,dont know if its a pride thing or what.Good luck to ya and thanks for the advise on permagreens,i just got one and im sure its gonna solve my problems for bigger lawns and too much walking

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Thanks!

Hope the PG works out well for you!

You will love it!

You will never want to push a spreader again!

If you have any questions about the PG, PM me if you want.

Good Luck!

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

What kind of pumps are those.:waving:

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

They are electic pumps.

If you want more info, let me know and I might just post it as I have recieved several PM's regarding the pumps.

They work great, are very quiet and turn easily turned off and on with a switch.

Here are some close ups.

DSCN0823.JPG

DSCN0824.JPG

DSCN0830.JPG

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I PM'd Rodney and he was kind enough to let me know what that are. I looked them up, and they are either a UDOR KAPPA-15/12 or a UDOR KAPPA-18/12. You can look up the specifications at the following addresshttp://udorusa.com/pages2000/diaphragmframes.html
    The price is between $550 and $700 depending on which one you get.
    I am very interested in them and may look into them some more.

7. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah those are the ones. I checked at rittenhouse (a canadian co.) and they charge 30% more to Canadians then to Americans even though the exchange rate is 20%:rolleyes: wth, lol.

They are $963 CAD, pump and motor....http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?PG=149

It's almost like, what's the point of trying to put one together yourself? Once I add up all the separate parts, they cost the same as the whole..Canada sucks for somethings.

$400+ for a manual 18" hose reel.
    $350 for 300' of hose.
    200 gallon tank should be around $300..

Then I have to build a skid... oh yeah, all the hardware regulators etc..

It would probably cost $3000 to build on my own with shipping and 12% taxes.

I could order it from rittenhouse for $3000, with skid and everything already built.:laugh: but with no hose.

I think I might just stick to my shurflo and if I do get a hundred new customers, try to push my way through the first app then spring for prebuilt skid.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

rcreech

For the past 5 years I have been using a Hypro 12 V model that puts out 8 GMP at 100 PSI. I paid about the same for it as the Udor just under $ 700. With Devaluation of our dollar I am sure it cost more now. Because it is not a common pump I must order parts or Diaphragms that are not stocked locally. But the Bottom line is electric is not a bad way to go. No Gas to mess with and no hassles with cold crank engines. You can even remote start them from your drivers cab to agitate chemicals just before reaching the job. The reason I went with a 12 V pump was for space. I couldn't get to or vent a gas engine in the same location on my truck.

BTW when I first started, I home build with 12 V RV water pump. It worked well for the volume of business I was doing at the time. As business started to grow I added a second RV pump in parallel to increase my GPM. I even picked up a few accounts because of the quite nature of 12 V pumps compared to Gas. In the Heat of summer I could start real early in the cool morning and not disturber customers with engine noise.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Humm looks like a great idea

10. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

guys if you want a great quit pump give bob a pressure tek a call he made a pump just for us roof cleaning guys but it would work great for spraying also

http://pressuretek.com/roclagpusu.html