My new Super Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jbgreig, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jbgreig

jbgreig LawnSite Member

Mowerconsultant, thanks for supporting this forum. Your information was DIRECTLY responsible for my purchasing my new mower. All the pros around here use Exmark, since there is not a major Hustler dealer nearby. I hope to spread the Hustler word and encourage a nearby dealer to market more in our area, as I am _completely_ satisfied with my new purchase.

I just bought a 52" 24HP Honda and I have a question. I don't have the manual with me, but I believe the Hustler manual said to use 87 Octane unleaded. The Honda engine manual included says to use 86 or higher. Is there any benefit to using 89 or 92 octane fuel? Seems like once upon a time someone told me that higher octane burns hotter and wears out an engine prematurely, but I don't know anout that. I certainly want to take care of the engine, so any input is appreciated.

Thanks again for your support!

Brad

2. tn mac

tn mac LawnSite Member

That is what I have always been told also ,just use reg.I have been in the business for 15 years never hade a problem with a engine that was gas related. I am going to demo a super z friday,it seems like a good machine.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The higher the octane the more additives it has, this is what I have always been told.
    The units are running pretty tight due to emissions regulations, I would run with the lower octane myself.

Pj

4. jbgreig

jbgreig LawnSite Member

Sounds great. Thanks!

Brad Greig