1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

my new to me dually dump

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pvlandscaping, Sep 11, 2010.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Looks mint, but I never understand the short sides on all the dump trucks up north. I mean you can't get much material in back it seems.

2. cleansweeplawncare

cleansweeplawncare LawnSite Member

Looks great! Good luck with her.

3. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

www.thedieselplace.com your new best friend. you will really like the 6.5 but it does have its quirks. once u figure it out its really a great motor.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice truck, I really like the fold down sides and the telescoping cylinder. I would love to find a good used 1ton with that body on it.

5. TroyLawnService

TroyLawnService LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

6. pvlandscaping

pvlandscaping LawnSite Member

thanks for the kind words guys.

i know what u mean about the low sides south florida..my only guess as to why ppl do it is maybe they try keeping the weight of the box as low as possible.

mikeri24 - i already have a '92 6.5, the original was a lemon, choked after 220 000km, threw in a rebuilt n havent had problems since. i just love the sound of this 6.5 compared to the 92. sounds more beastly.

greenstarlawns - the fold down sides are amazing, if i had to buy a new dumper off the lot, getting fold down sides would be my first option. just make sure theyre aluminum. metal sides get heavy. and the telescopic cylinder is great. i personally find it better than a scissor lift underneath the box

7. AKLawn&Garden

AKLawn&Garden LawnSite Member

Very nice. Someday....

8. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Nice truck. Upgrade the rotors and brakes! Other then that is a great truck.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Now that you've had the truck for awhile now is it still doing well for you?

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Nice. Looks to be well cared for and well set up.