My new (to me) truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TXLAWNBOY, Dec 19, 2005.

1. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Just got it Friday night. '02 F-150, 50K miles, 4.6L V8, brand new tires, really clean truck in and out.

11-22-05-2 002.jpg

2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nice truck would rather have a chevy or GMC more though

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

You talking about a go kart? didn't know you could drive at 13, damn laws are changing so fast and I don't even know it. :laugh: :laugh:

Nice truck, looks really clean

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: wicked funny ... NOT
    my dad is the one that drives the truck and beileve me ive had experiances with those stupid fords so STFU

5. kc2006

lmao, dude thats wicked sweet

In your maybe 2 years of realizing anything mechanical about a vehicle, please due explain what you have experienced about fords? Did dad's 70's f150 fail after 30 years of service? lmao

I was just pokin fun, but apparently your alittle sensative.

6. kc2006

btw Josh, we've pushed a friends f150 to the limits with his race trailer. Installed air bags in the rear and it pulled a 28' loaded race trailer fine. He's a maniac with the truck driving at 80mph on the freeway with the trailer too, he says it handles fine. Kinda scarey but proof that its possible to work the crap out of those trucks. He ended up bending the frame though unloading the trailer one day with it still hooked up or something, very interesting to say the least.

7. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i want to know what kind of "bad experiences" you have had in fords?

8. TXLAWNBOY

Thanks for the replies.

Kc, My Dad has a 2001 F-150 w/the 5.4 and 102K miles, never had a wrench on it and still runs like a new one and it has had it's fair share of work. He pulls a 26' travel trailer with no problems. He has taken it w/the travel trailor to Branson, MO and he and I took the two to Alabama, he runs between 65-70 mph. On the trip to ALA. I ran it between 70-80, never missed a beat. We like our ford trucks, nothing against Chevy or Dodge but until I have a Ford do me wrong I am staying w/them. I have heard all the horror stories about Fords that everyone else has heard, as well as all the horror stories about Chevys and Dodges, they all have a few bad apples.

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Looks clean. I hate how every thread turns into a chevy vs dodge vs ford.... who gives a crap, they all have their flaws, people need to get over it...

Anyways, sharp truck.

10. TXLAWNBOY

Thanks Premier!