my new toro 6000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by themadcutter, Mar 31, 2012.

1. themadcutter

themadcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from florida

Cost me $9500 plus tax. it is the 6000 series with the 25hp kaw. I decided not to go with the kohler efi. I think that was a 27 hp. I didn't like the idea of fuel injection on my mower. seemed nice but thought it could also give me problems.

This thing is pretty fast. Moves much faster than I would bother to mow at. I can run it at 3/4 throttle and still be able to cut as well as my old 44 exmark is cutting. Love the deck. it seems like its really built heavy. I'm not sure about the tires. they seem a little small for this tank but it moves well. I really like the adjustable baffle. I have a few lawns that i mulch and that will work good for me there.

I can't find any real flaw with it so far but it has really only done some test mowing. it goes into real action on monday. The problem with it being built well (at least from what I can see as far as quality work goes) it that it seems to weigh about 4 tons. Thats the trade off for a stocky mower until they start using titanium but these things are way to expensive already. some one is making a fortune on these mowers and it isn't the guy's driving them.

ahttp://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=244241&stc=1&d=1333236583http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=244242&stc=1&d=1333236729

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

2. themadcutter

from florida

Well I am a little shocked that this garnered no response what so ever. :cry:

Boo hoo for me.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

You should have went with the efi.

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Sure looks like the back of an exmark.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Yea its pretty much looks like a clone from what i can see minus the crappy turbo force deck. And the big plastic things over the fenders.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

.....and the side, and the front.......LOL. At least those things over the fenders have some use. The new Exmarls look way cheap to me compared to the older version.

OP, why do you think the tires are too small? They are the same size every major mower uses outside of the behemoth diesels.

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet deal! Is that a 60" deck?

8. themadcutter

from florida

Its the 60" deck. I thought of the 52 but I have a 44 and I figured if I was going to have 2 mowers I wanted more difference in the sizes.

They have looked like exmarks for years now. From what I understand toro owns exmark.

I'm not sure if anyone thinks this deck looks crappy but I compared it to a scag and an exmark and this dick is better than both.

The tires on my older exmark are taller. Thats where I got the idea they were a little small.

9. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

The what is better than both?:laugh:

10. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Nice buy man. I like it. You will enjoy it.