1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My new toy w/pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hi_speedreed, May 18, 2012.

1. Lawn Officer

Lawn Officer LawnSite Member

How much does a 36" Trimstar go for?
  2. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing new from this owner, still love it. Still no hand fatigue like I had with my old pistol grip. Got the controls down pat and take it on hills and in places that I never dreamed of before. Would never dream of going to a machine with different controls. I still think if you've ever rode a motorcycle you would appreciate these controls more. All I can do is echo coolluv's comments and say demo one. It may be for u and it may not. If it was for everyone then all the others would be out of business.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

ok thanks looking at the 48" myself what i've seen its an awesome mower, for Lawn Officer a 36" was around $4500 and the 48" was $5000 not bad compared to other that are 6 to 7 grand
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

What keeps the pace if you don't need to hold the twisted handle in a specific position? Why doesn't it return to "neutral?"
  5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no resistance again the controls so your not working against anything.
  6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure reallyslow will have to stop by and tell us how much better pistol grips are :hammerhead:

Glad your Hustler is working out for you I know I love mine.
  7. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I guess its not designed to automatically return to neutral.

The controls are stiff enough to hold the position by themselves but not too stiff as to be hard to operate. Its very easy to operate.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I guess I'll have to use one in a real world situation to get the best understanding.
    The thing I like about my current hydro WB's is that if I want to go forward I do nothing at all while using it.
    My other 2 Hydros are 48" and 52".
    I'll be looking for a 36" only for backyard gates so it probably won't matter much anyhow.
  9. GreenHammer

GreenHammer LawnSite Member

I have the previous model hustler 36". The new controls are much better and the deck adjustment lever is super cool! Don't get me wrong I love my WB and will by a new hustler if mine ever wears out. Even after 7 years this machine still kicks a$$.
  10. silvermaxd

silvermaxd LawnSite Member

I had a 48" trimstar until I traded it in on a rider. It was an awesome machine for a walkbehind. I would love to get a 36" someday. They are pretty pricey for a walkbehind though. Controls are awesome on these things