1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My new Toy!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dstosh, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Check out my new trimmer Shin t 230 the thing is awesome.! it was $259.00 and the backpack sprayer was free with it. The thing has awesome power and was exactly what I was looking for.
  2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Where'd you get that deal? I bought 3-230's this year and havent even seen a sprayer. Im callin my dealer in the mornin. I want a sprayer too:cry:
  3. mastersensai

mastersensai LawnSite Member

i am kinda wondering about that sprayer to. i just bought one because the dealer said he had a deal, i bet he had a deal! he got them for free and then charged me that -------.
  4. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I have been getting the little cards that Shindaiwa mails out to all there customers that mail in there warrenty cards, they have been doing the free sprayer, a big spool of string, or free oil for quite sometime now.
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Is that the 4 gallon sprayer??? That's one heck of a deal.....might have to check into that one!!

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I just bought a 230 also, $299.00 and NO sprayer. :angry:

P.S. I'll never buy another one, not enough power. I like that it's lighter than my 270, but I think the 260 is what I should have gotten. Maybe my 270 has just spoiled me, but you just get used to the power I guess. And it's an inch or so shorter, makes me do more bending over. Grrrr, great back-up trimmer though, and I just bought a 270 on Ebay and a 260 Stick edger also. WOOOT!
  7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Elephant, I bought one of those edgers of of ebay too...i got mine for 150 something. I hope it is a good one. Yeah I dont know what the deal is about the sprayer..all i know is that he offered me the 2 gallon one and then the 4 gallon one and I had to be stupid not to take the 4 gal.
  8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got that same sprayer, only I payed $79 for mine. You got a great deal. I'm jealous.
  9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

the first thing you have to do is take that guard off.yeah i know its not safe but they make the string cutter to close
  10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i paid $240 for my T230, didn't see any freebies though. oh well, i'm not licensed for any spraying, so i guess i'll take the discounted price. :)