My new tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by captaingreen, Dec 12, 2007.

1. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Well here it is. I had been debating between a mini skid (Bobcat MT55) and a tractor. I went with this 3520 so we can use it on our landscape jobs as well as brushhogging and a little residential snow removal also. I'm very excited to get out and put it to use next spring, my oldest son is as well, though he's only two he loves this machine.

Thanksgiving 032.jpg
  2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

congrats...that thing wont let you down...depending how much brush mowing you plan on doing you might want to turn the flashers to the inside of the ROPS...we broke them off our 4700also if you want to put a rear work light it should already be pre-wired for one, you will find the wire at the base of the ROPS around the 3pt. and it works off the headlight switch
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice unit! I'm guessing by the model # that its a 35hp Yanmar diesel???
  4. captaingreen

Actually, it's a 37 hp Yanmar. I thought the same thing though when I first looked at the tractor, not sure what the signifigance of the 35 is.
  5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice indeed! Good choice,tractors may not be as powerful as skids but they are way more versatile and way more enjoyable to operate!
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice I would love to have something like that!
  7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it! The Yanmar is a great engine. Mine has 32 HP and is plenty powerful for it's size. That 37 HP must push a mountain.
  8. captaingreen

Now I'm just trying to plan what to attachment I might buy next spring. The budget only allows maybe one next year. I eventually would like to get a belly mower, box blade and either a harley rake or pulverizer for prepwork. Have any or y'all used a harley rake or pulverizer on this size tractor? Also wondering about a belly mower vs. rear finish mower.
  9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

sweet tractor and like lawn king said tractors are so much more versitle with attachments than a skid but you will never come close to the speed and bucket work of a skid
  10. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

I have a 6 foot Harley rake that I have used on my B3030 Kubota and my 4710 John Deere. It works the Kubota pretty good if you have any steep grades. Your tractor is between the two so it should do alright.