My new truck/project pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Classified, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

I bought this truck from a member here about a week ago. Its an older truck in decent condition but needs a bunch of work done at the same time. mostly little things but the first thing that had to go was the paint. I did the paint job myself and it isny thing amazing but its nice for a work truck. Its not done yet, Im still going to paint the bed/box brown but I just need it on the road as it will help out imensly over using my pickup bed.

I start it off with the before pics and the after as of now pics.

2. Classified

here it is as it stands now

3. Classified

I am thinking im going to recoat the cab one more time but not sure. Im gonna run it as is for a couple weeks so i can get caught up on some work then decide what I want to do. I cant wait to get my logo on the doors. Its gonna look killer when done I hope!
  4. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Whyd you buy that and not use ur SD as ur wrk truck? BTW it looks good!! is it 4x4 and what eng?
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice work!!!
  6. Classified

the ford is loaded with leather, carpet, and electric everything. Its also my DD. The chevy is a work truck and it has the dump bed which is alot nicer than unloading everything with a rake and shovel out of the bed.

The chevy is 4wd but does not work, I think it needs the actuator and its the 6.5L turbo diesel.

It came with a plow as well but im thinking im not going to plow with it and save the money on the 4wd repairs and possible repairs commonly associated with a truck that is 16 years old, lol
  7. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Thats good to hear. BTW keep us informed if u do anything else to the truck.
  8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet truck! Good luck this year
  9. fullmetalbucket

fullmetalbucket LawnSite Member

Nice catch! I've got a '95 GMC 1Ton, 4x4, 6.5L TD with a dump bed as well and it's been a great truck. Not a speed demon but pulls a few yards of top soil along with my skid steer and mini excavator no problem. Check out this site... to familiarize yourself with the 6.5L TD motor. They are notorious for having the same problems and this site has been IMMENSELY helpful to me since purchasing the truck. Maintain it and it'll last a good long time!
    Here's a pic of mine just for fun...

10. Classified

Sure puts mine to shame for sure. Thats a real nice setup.

Yeah I have been lurking over on that site for a looooong time. I see your frame is in much better condition than mine. I have a lot of rust issues but i plan to run it for all its worth. I love my fords but I have to say that a old body style (like ours) chevy with a dump looks soooo nice.

I need to figure out how to get my front end lifted up about the same hight as yours. The torsion bar bolts look really rusty and im afraind to crank on them. Im going to anyway , hopefully it works.